𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟜𝟜

-Kaleb's P.O.V-
The sound of the front door opening brings my attention back to me. Footsteps charge past my door as the front one closes. There's a low murmur, and I can identify one's voice is Kyle's. It's not hard to guess that the second one is Luke.
I finally move again, hugging myself tighter. My side is numb from lying in the same position for a while. As I am sitting up the carpet sticks to me slightly as my skin parts from it, leaving marks in my arms. I rub my fingers over the small indentations and feel the numb tingle surge through my side. I can already imagine how much trouble I would have standing up, so I don't. I
just sit in the darkness.
I knew I would be better off alone already...I just don't understand why it hurts so bad...
I glance over to the digital clock on the nightstand and see that it's 11:57. The red numbers are hardly a light source and only bring out the details of the nearby lamp and water cup. I swallow, which allows me to realize how dry my throat is. I lick my chapped lips and push myself up, in attempt to make my way over to the dresser. My right side was still asleep, so it was difficult. I finally manage to reach the stand, and stumble forward towards the cup. I knock it over with my hand and panic.
Thankfully a small amount of water trickles out, so the wood isn't damaged, and clean up isn't necessary. After I realize that was my only water source I sigh.
...To the kitchen.
By now the feeling in my thigh has returned, and I walk towards the door. The second I unlock it, there is a knock. I freeze.
"Kaleb," they call.
My hands begin to sweat. I know that voice.
It couldn't have been Kyle coming to check on me? O-Or Luke coming to kick me out? Hell, I'd even take Kaydan coming to yell at me, because I didn't tell him I was here...
"It's tomorrow," Jasper finishes.
I quickly look behind me and glance at the clock.
12:00 A.M.
I bite my lip, reopening the wound on it slightly, and tighten my grip on the knob. It twits and suddenly stops in my hand.
"Please unlock the door," he continues.
I knew if I locked it, he would hear it, and it would just make matters worse.
I slowly release the handle and press my back against the wall beside the door.
The doorknob turns fully, and he opens the door, hiding me behind it.
"...Kaleb?" He questions not seeing me. "I just want to talk."
I hold my breath.
I hear him sigh. "Please...just...talk to me."
I look up and faintly shake my head, then release a breath asking, "Cosa vuoi da me?, (What do you want with me)" just above a whisper, and step out from behind the door.
He turns to face me, and a look of relief sweeps across his face. He pushes the door shut and wraps both of his arms around me, bringing me to the floor with him.
I take a deep breath as I settle on the floor, which only makes him hug me tighter. "Jasper-"
"I'm not letting him take you from me," he says, interrupting me.
I pause, feeling my heart beat double in speed. I push his chest away and stare at him. "Wh-What?"
He firmly grabs my shoulders with both of his hands and looks me in the eye.
I hold his gaze for a second before bringing my focus to his lips to make sure I understand exactly what he's saying.
"I will not let Jonathan take you away from me," he finishes slowly.
I return my eyes to his and see him smile nervously. I have no idea what to do or say. I part my lips to speak, and he covers them with his own, sending sparks through my body.
I never wanted to breath again.
When he finishes taking my conscious away, he pulls back, leaving me disoriented, and rests his hand under my chin. "And I sure as hell ain't sharing. I like you way too much."
"Y-You didn't have to-"
"I did so you know that I'm serious," he justifies before I can complain. "And if that still isn't enough for you," he continues standing up then helping me onto my feet, "I'll tell him myself when he gets here."
I stop the moment I'm standing. "Excuse me?"
"I'm going to tell Jonathan-"
"No, no. I understand that part."
"Then what?"
"He's coming? Here?"
"Well, yeah. Didn't Kyle tell you? Or you paren-"
"Mom," I groan out lout. "Dad!"
"Jonathan," I curse in my head.
"Yeah. Kyle told me they were showing up sometime this week...I would like to meet them."
"Uh, hold that thought," I reply not hearing a word he said. I walk out of the room and into the living one. Jasper is right behind me. Kyle is leaning into Luke on the couch as they watch "Whatever the Hell" Season: No Fucks, Episode: Given, as I walk across the floor and grab my phone. I have 8 texts from Jonathan, and 2 calls from my mother and father.
He wasn't joking...
Just before I can face-palm myself, my phone rings in my hand. It was Kaydan.
Kyle and I had a personalized ringtone for Kaydan's calls, so we knew when he was calling. Kyle puts the TV on mute and motions for me to answer it.
I do and slowly bring it up to my ear, swallowing hard. "...Hello?"
"Mom and dad are coming here-," he breaths quickly.
"See, Kyle and I tried to stop them, but-"
"-to see 'all of us'," he cuts me off. "Where the hell are you guys?"
-Jasper's P.O.V-
I scratch the back of my neck for what seems to be the 100th time. The tension is so thick, I swear I'm drowning in it. Every time I feel as if I can't breath I turn to my right and see that Kaleb is sitting next to me. Then I get too comfortable and see that Kyle is sitting on his left...and Kyle is sitting on Luke's right...who is sitting on Christian's left...and of course Kaydan is sitting on his right...which puts him, the source of most of the tension, directly to my left.
I let out a sigh, but quickly stop it. No one has said anything for the past 5 minutes. I clench my fist and feel Kaleb place his hand on mine, digging in between the grooves in my fingers to get a better grip. I loosen them to make it easier for him, and jump slightly when he rests his head on my shoulder. As much as I want to enjoy this, I can't knowing that his brother is seconds away from possibly ending my life. "K-Kaleb-"
"Is the table still open?" He asks aloud severing the silence completely.
No one moves except for Kaydan. He slowly turns to face him. "What?"
"I said, 'is the table still open?" Kaleb repeats.
"By all means," Kaydan replies motioning out in front of him, indicating the physical coffee table we are all sitting around.
"Okay then, Mi piace Jasper (I like Jasper)," he says proud of himself.
My heart slams into my ribs and the room gets 20 degrees hotter.
"The hell does that mean?" Kaydan questions puzzled.
"In that case," Kyle speaks up, "J'aime Lucas (I love Lucas)," he finishes resting his hand on his arm.
Luke blushes up to his cheeks.
"What?" Kyle asks slightly worried.
"Nothing, nothing...I-I just...know what you said," Luke barely strings together.
Kyle quickly draws his hand back and covers his own red infused face. "Oh my God, please kill me."
"I looked it up so I could tell you later!" Luke defends moving Kyle's hands from his face. "At least I know how to pronounce it now! Also, vous regardez m-mignon (You look cute)?"
Kyle rips his hands out of Luke's hold and brings them back to his face. "This is upsetting because you even pronounced it right," he muffles.
Luke grins widely. "I'm pretty good, huh?"
Kaleb tugs on my shirt collar, and I lean over so I can hear him better. "What are they saying?" He whispers.
"Nothing that we can't," I respond glaring at them.
"I don't know what's happening," Christian says silencing us, "but I feel like I'm losing."
We all look at him.
He cups Kaydan's face, and brings their lips together. At first Kaydan seems pleasantly surprised and relaxes as Christian wraps his arms around his neck, but then he breaks the kiss and looks at all of us flustered, wiping his lips.
"Can someone please explain to me what is happening?" Kaydan whines.
I glance at Christian, and he's looking directly at me.
"It's that easy," he sighs.
I look around the rest of the table and see Kyle and Luke twiddling their thumbs.
That easy?
"Hey," I say grabbing Kaleb's attention. The second he turns to face me I connect our lips. He presses his hand against my chest, but only so he'd be able to grab onto my shirt and pull me closer. I knew it would be bad if we didn't stop, so I forced myself to pull back. I take a peak at his face, and it's a warmer color than it was before. "Where did all that confidence go?" I chuckle.
"Sh-Shut up," he stammers memorized.
"You've got some guts, don't you?" Luke drags my attention to him. He turns to face Kyle, who instantly covers his mouth with both of his hands.
"N-No!"
Luke slumps over in defeat. "What? Why not!"
"B-Because!" Kyle moves his eyes around the table coyly, then locks back onto Luke whispering, "I'm still trying to get my heart back to normal speed after finding out that...Y-You l-love me t- too."
"Fine!" Luke leans in and kisses the hand that's over his mouth.
I roll my eyes before looking at Kaydan. He looks as if he's gone into shock.
"Well," Christian says pulling him into his chest, "I think everything is on the table now."