𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟚𝟠

-Kyle's P.O.V-
The flame dances on the wick in front of me, threatening to go out with every breath I breathe. Some time has passed since I tried to leave. Luke was messing around in the kitchen, which left me with myself in his living room on the floor with a blanket on my shoulders. The only sources of light were candles scattered around the room and the occasional lightning bolt.
I sigh taking the flame out along with it. Within seconds a match appears relighting it, shocking me a bit. I look up to see Luke putting the match out and handing me a plate. I stare at it blankly.
"It's food. Eat it," his tone seems slightly annoyed.
I take the plate from him and look at what's on it. Pancakes with 2 sausages and eggs. "...Thank you," I whisper.
He lies on the couch behind me and stares out the window.
I pick up the fork and slowly begin cutting the cakes. "Did you make any for yourself?"
"No."
"Do you want to shar-" "No."
I bring the fork up to my mouth and consume a piece. Surprisingly it already had syrup on it. My mouth tingles as the flavor danced on my tongue. I turn to look at him. "They taste good."
He nods, not acknowledging my presence much.
A few more seconds pass by filled with the sound of my fork against the plate until I drop it. "Luke, I'm sorry, okay?"
He moves his eyes toward me.
"I didn't mean to try to storm out like that. I didn't know how the weather conditions were. I...I'm just worried about Kaydan."
"Cause you're the only one." He finally speaks up, catching me off guard.
"H-Huh?"
"You're the only person worried about Kaydan, right?"
"...Well no, but-"
"But nothing," he cuts me off. "If you are fully aware that Kaydan has people like Kaleb and me...hell even Christian, why won't you just let him go?"
I bite my lip.
"Kyle, as hard as this is to hear, you have to let him grow up. If you want him to even consider letting you be there with him, you need to give him some space."
"I-I do give him space!" "Kyle-"
"I do!"
Luke stands up and disappears into his room. He reemerges seconds afterwards with a box of tissues and a trash can. He kneels beside me, pulling some from the box, and wipes the tears I wasn't aware of from my eyes, then places the tissues over my nose.
"I-It's wet," I slightly sob.
He throws them away and grabs new ones from the box before repeating his last action.
I reach up to take the tissue from him saying, "I can do it myself," but he avoids my hands.
He puts the tissue over my nose once again. "Blow," he says sternly.
I do what I'm told.
He folds it over and wipes my nose a final time before throwing the them away. He sits down beside me after handing me the box, and rests his head on the cushions behind him.
"I'm not a kid," I mumble. "I can take care of myself."
"You baby Kaydan, don't you?" he argues.
"That's different!"
"No it's not. It's the exact same thing."
I turn the thought over in my head. "Yeah, but-" I stop short.
...But this feels nice...
"But what?"
"...Nothing," I huff, letting a yawn escape.
"If your tired, go to sleep," Luke chuckles.
"I am not!" I fire, sitting up straight.
"I was just offering a suggestion," he mumbles.
There is no way I'm going to fall asleep before this guy does.
I wake up to see the sun peaking through the curtains. There is also a light weight on my head. I move slowly, and the weight is lifted off of me. I turn in the direction of a breath and catch mine. I had fallen asleep on Luke's shoulder, with his arm wrapped around me. I scotch all the way to the left until my back slaps into the wall.
What the actual hell! How did that happen? When did I fall asleep?
I continue to watch him in the distance and level my breathing.
I only slept on his shoulder, no big deal! It happens!
I recall the events from last night and shake my head furiously.
No time for that! I need to see...talk to Kaydan at least!
I reach into my pocket and grab air.
What the...
I check my other pockets, and the same results ensue.
Where did I put my phone?
I stand up and look at the table.
Nothing.
I tiptoe to the couch and peek at the crevasses.
Still nothing!
I stare straight at Luke.
Any amount of money he took it!
I lean closer to him and stare at his pockets.
How should I-
"Stop thinking about it," he says stretching his arms.
I jump startled. "Wh-What?"
"I took your phone so you wouldn't bother Kaydan."
"I-I could easily just leave you know!" I combat.
"I took your keys too," he finally stands and throws the blanket on the couch. "Good morning by the way."
"I need to get home! Kaydan could be-"
"He texted me earlier. He's doing great."
"Prove it!"
He walks over and leans down causing me to tense up as he shows me his phone.
Kaydan's Hubby: Please tell Kyle that I'm not dead. And don't reply to this. Light sleepers are near.
"Kaydan's Hubby?" I question out loud. "Light sleepers near?"
He turns the screen off. "Don't worry about that. Are you hungry?"
-Lucas' P.O.V-
He glares daggers at me.
"I'm going to make you waffles this time, okay?"
He doesn't reply.
"Cool, cool. Sit on the couch, watch TV."
"You aren't the boss of me," he mutters climbing onto the couch.
"Yeah, yeah," I walk into the kitchen and look at the clock. It's 8:03.
Geez, we're up early.
I mix the batter and poke my head into the living room to see what he's watching after hearing the same characters' voices over a time. "Hey, I love that show!" I say seeing "Star vs. FOE" on the screen.
"I don't," he replies instantly changing the channel.
I roll my eyes and go back inside the kitchen focusing my attention on the waffles. I'm able to finish them in under ten minutes, and bring Kyle 3. I place the plate on the table and grab the old one from last night. "What would you like to drink?"
He shrugs and continues to stare at the TV. He's now watching "Kindergarten Cop".
"Great movie-"
"It's okay," he cuts in changing the channel again. "The Adventures of Tin Tin" is just starting.
"This movie is spectacular!" I exclaim.
He changes it again, this time "The F Word" shows up.
"I've always wanted to star on-"
"Is there anything you haven't watched on TV?" He groans.
"All I do is watch TV. I've seen everything."
He stares me in the eye. "That's not possible."
"I've seen everything," I reiterate.
He grins evilly. "What about-"
"All of them," I stop him cold. "Kaydan let me keep the copy of your first one. Sure you only had one line, but the movie was superb!"
"...I hate you," he whispers.
"What? No you don't! You love me! Everyone does!"
He pulls the cover over his head. "Just leave me alone!"
"I can't do that when you're mad at me!" I argue pulling at the covers.
"Stop it!"
"Then say you-" I stop when I yank the
cover out of his hands and see his face. "...forgive me," I finish barely.
He is frowning while he blushed up to his cheeks.
...What?
He takes the chance to pull the cover back from me, and buries himself under it again.
I stand up and slowly back away from the couch. "...I'm going to take a shower," I begin. "Your food better be gone by the time I get back." I rush through my room and into the bathroom, throwing on the shower. I jump in and let the water wash over my face.
What the hell was with that expression? He's been acting strange ever since last night.
"It's odd because he's not mad at me..."
If he's not mad then what is it? I swear he's acting as if...
"He likes me," I sigh out loud.
That's not really possible...his main focus is Kaydan, ALL of the time. He doesn't have time for stuff like that.
I turn off my shower and get out, then get dressed in my room. When I return to the living room Kyle is still tucked away underneath the blanket. I look down at his plate and it's licked clean.
I pick it up and hear him mutter "Thank you," without moving.
"You still never told me what you wanted to drink."
"Orange juice."
I nod, go to the kitchen, place the plates in the sink, pour him a glass, then return. "You can't drink through a blanket."
"I can try."
"I'm not letting you get orange juice on my sheets."
He finally removes the cover and sits up.
I hold the cup out to him and he takes it in such a way to make sure he doesn't touch me. "What do you want to do today?"
He avoids my gaze and shrugs. "...You told me to give Kaydan 'space', so I can't really go home...yet."
I smile at the fact that he actually listened to me. "That is very true."
He peaks up at my face then quickly turns his back to me to hide his face.
He's not doing a good job to hide his feelings...
"What do you want to do?" he mumbles.
"We could do the DIY crafts so they won't go to waste."
"I bought them, so they better not." "Then let's get started, shall we?"