𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟙𝟠

-Christian's P.O.V-
Within seconds we went through a different room, then into a bathroom. Kaydan locked the door and kept the lights off.
"What is-"
"Kyle is here," he responds instantly not letting me finish.
"Are you kidding me?"
"No," he sighs. "If I was, we wouldn't be hiding by a toilet."
"Why is he here?"
"For me obviously."
I hear him walk past and feel his arm brush against me as he wanders to the back. He isn't too far when he sucks in a sharp breath.
I quickly turn in his direction. "What happened?"
"Nothing," he responds softly.
I move over to the wall and flick on the lights. "Turn them off!"
I flick them back off. They were on long enough for me to see that Kaydan's eyes were tearing up. I make my way over to him and kneel beside him. "I'm going to ask you again. What happened?"
"My hand just hurts a little, that's all," he answers.
"What did you do to it?"
"Before I left my apartment, I may or may no have punched my wall," he mumbles.
I narrow my eyes in his direction. "You punched a wall?"
"Maybe?"
"Idiot!" I yell at him.
"Shh!" He smacks a hand over my mouth. "Keep it down."
I automatically assume it's his other hand that hurts. I grab the arm that is attached to the hand he's using to cover my mouth with, then feel my way over to his other one. I gently take in into one of mine and feel his body jolt. "Did that hurt?"
"A little bit."
"Then it's probably broken."
"No it's not!" He whisper yells at me.
"Squeeze my hand."
I pause waiting for him to do so.
Nothing happens.
"Squeeze my-"
"I can't," he finally admits.
I sigh. "Does Lucas have a first aid kit in here somewhere?"
"You're seriously calling him Lucas?" He asks quietly.
His question catches me off guard. "What?"
"You didn't say Luke."
"Cause he told me to," I respond simply. "Where is the-"
"So you listen to him?"
I wasn't understanding what he was going for, so I decide to go along with him. "Yeah, I guess."
"O-Oh."
It goes quiet.
Maybe now-
"So you like him then?"
"We aren't even friends."
"Then why are you listening to him?"
I was getting slightly annoyed, but mostly because I was confused. "I don't know what it is you are trying to accuse me of, but what I want to focus on this moment is making sure that your hand doesn't get any worse."
"...Okay."
"So where is it?"
"Probably in the cabinet behind you."
I turn around and open a small wooden door, then pull out a box.
This is probably it.
I pop it open and removed some bandages. I turn back and carefully wrap his hand with the fabric, ignoring any hisses and curses he releases from his mouth.
Once I finished I put the box on top of the sink then ask, "Better?"
"Sorta."
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad does it hurt?" He takes a second to reply. "...Seven."
I bring his hand up to my lips and kiss it softly. "One a scale of 1 to 10 how bad did that hurt?"
He takes longer to respond to this one. "...T- Twelve point eight," he stutters.
I feel the corners of my lips curl into a smile. "That's a specific number to be out of range."
"I-I know what you're trying to do," he whispers.
"Oh yeah?" I ask thoroughly amused. "What might that be?"
"You're trying to distract me."
"From what?"
"Figuring out what you're hiding from me."
My smile instantly drops.
I have to tell him sometime...
I take a deep breath. "I wasn't hiding it intentionally," I begin.
"So you admit to having a secret?"
"It isn't really a secret."
"But you've been hiding something from me?"
No point in lying.
"Yes."
"...For how long?"
"It sort of just happened-"
"...Does it involve Luke?"
I close my eyes. "Why would it involve-"
"No, no, no," I hear Lucas yell his statement from the living room. "It's not like that at all!"
It goes quiet. Obviously Kaydan heard it too.
What the-
"I can see how you would think that," Lucas starts up again, "but the truth is I'm dating Christian! He's in my room as we speak! Look, look! Christian, get out here!"
I can feel my heart stop.
Did he just-
"Christian, where are you?" He continues.
"Well obviously it involves Luke, he's your boyfriend!" Kaydan exclaims softly.
"No, I swear that's not what-"
"I'm not mad," he intervenes, "...I'm just glad you guys don't hate each other!" After he finishes his sentence he lets out the most forced laugh I've ever heard in my life.
I'm kicking Lucas' ass for this.
"Kaydan-"
"Chris, babe, you're embarrassing me!" That tears it!
I stand up and slam the bathroom door open, exit and first room I was brought into, then walk into the living room.
Kyle and Lucas are standing face to face when I enter. I'm glaring at them both.
Lucas rushes up to me and wraps me in a hug. "I know this looks bad, but please, please, go with it. I'm trying to get him off of Kaydan's tail," he whispers instantly.
My killing intent for Lucas slightly wavers, but the one I have for Kyle only grows.
Lucas pulls back once he's said his sentence and returns his gaze to Kyle. "See? He's here ain't he?"
Kyle looks us over. "...Why don't I believe you?"
"Because you want a reason to be mad at Kaydan, no matter how ridiculous, so you can force him to go back home," Lucas responds quickly.
Kyle only smiles at him. "Nah...I...I don't think that's it. It's something about your relationship."
"Okay, I haven't made it Facebook official! You caught me!" Lucas tries to joke.
"What do you have to say about all of this?" Kyle directs his full attention to me.
If it will get this asshole out of town-
"I l-love Lucas. What's your point?"
He lets out a laugh. "So you're okay with going along with this?"
"Are you done here?"
"Almost."
"What will it take to get you to leave?"
"...I'm just not feeling," he pauses to wave his hand in between us, "THIS."
I see Lucas grow stiff beside me, but I don't falter. "Basically you want me to prove it?"
"I wouldn't phrase it like that, it's just-"
I stop listening to him and turn towards Lucas placing both of my hands behind his neck. I lock eyes with him then push air out of my nose.
Do it for Kaydan.
As soon as the sentence finishes in my head, I push myself up on my tiptoes and bring Lucas' lips down onto mine. I stay in place for at least five seconds before pulling back, then turn to face Kyle again. His smirk is wiped clear off his face. "Is there anything else you want?"
He slowly shakes his head. "I-I guess n-"
"Good. Then leave." I state staring him down.
He looks from Lucas to me, then makes his way over to the door. "But why was he over at your place last night then?"
"He didn't tell you?" "No."
"Sucks."
Kyle spares me a final glare before opening the door and says, "I'm going home to check if Kaydan is there. If he's not expect me to be back." With that he closes the door behind him, and not later after that we hear hear car start.
I finally breathe again once I know he's gone. I turn back to face Lucas who is still in minor shock. "Sorry about that."
He wipes his lips then grins at me. "For a kid you've got a lot of nerve doing that!"
"I didn't know what else to do!" I yell at him.
"There were so many other alternatives! You didn't have to-" he stops short as his face drops. "Hey, buddy!"
I didn't even need to turn around to know what has happening.
"I'm guessing Kyle left," Kaydan says entering the room with us.
"Big Bad Wolf is gone now," Lucas responds to him walking past me.
I turn around to see him place his hand on Kaydan's head.
"How did you guys manage that?"
"I just told him I was dating Christian, and he left with his tail tucked between his legs!" Lucas laughs.
Kaydan looks skeptical. "...That's all it took?"
Lucas pauses for a second too long before saying, "Pretty much!"
Kaydan looks at me.
Shit.
"That's all it took?" He asks again.
I hold his stare before glancing away.
"Christian, How did you get my brother to leave?"
"Does it really matter?" I sigh.
"Answer the question."
Silence is heard from a mile away.
I finally click my tongue slightly irritated and run my hand through my hair. "I kissed Lucas."
"...You kissed?"
"Yeah, but we're not even dating and there was nothing behind it," I mutter. "I've kissed a lot of people throughout my life, so it doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I honestly would've kissed anyone."
I look back and Kaydan locks eyes with me. I instantly feel awful.
"I'm not really all that surprised," Kaydan begins. "I mean, all you want is sex, so obviously kissing is empty to you. Just a few hours ago you tried to get into my pants, of course, not without kissing me first, right? You just do that to make the person feel special, so they can let their guard down around you and start to think that they could actually be special. That was it's easy to get what you want and leave, right?"
"That's not-"
"Have you told Lucas about that yet, or did you not want him to know that you've been trying to sleep around?" He continues. He looks over to Lucas. "Luke, you're boyfriend is an ass and a pig. I hope you have a barn big enough to keep him satisfied. I'm going home." He walks straight past me without giving me a glance and leaves through the front door, slamming it behind him.
Lucas stares at me in silence, then finally says, "Damn."
I glare daggers at him.
"By the way, you should probably go-"
"Shut up," I mutter to him turning on my heel to leave. I exit the door and see Kaydan speed walking down the sidewalk. "Kaydan!" I yell which only fueled him to walk faster. I run after him and grab him by his good hand.
"Let me go," he breaths.
I sigh searching my mind for something to say. I let go of him saying, "We need to get your hand checked."
"Did Lucas allow you come after me?" "I already told you we weren't dating," I
groan.
"Why'd you kiss him then?"
"I already told you that was to get Kyle to leave."
"You said you were hiding-"
I place my hand over his mouth and say, "Kaydan, I am hiding the fact that I am seventeen from you, not that I am dating Lucas! Lucas and I don't have that kind of relationship!" I shout.
Kaydan stares at me in silence.
I can feel myself getting slightly flustered.
"...I don't see why you had to kiss him..." he whispers more to himself.
I narrow my eyes at him. "Excuse me?"
"I'm saying you didn't have to kiss him!" He screams this time.
Did he not hear what I just-
"Kaydan, I'm seventeen," I repeat.
"Why are you trying to avoid the topic?" He continues.
"I'm not!" I raise my voice equally.
"W-Well?"
"Well what?"
"How long did you kiss him for?" He asks, getting quiet.
I quickly shake my head to clear my thoughts.
What the hell is happening right now.
"I don't know. Five? Four seconds maybe?" "And?"
"And what?" I hold back a whine.
"Did you like it?"
"I only did it because I had to!"
"Did you like it?"
"No!"
He stares at me intently.
"Kaydan, are you aware of what I just told you?"
"That you "didn't" like-"
I grab him by the shoulders interrupting his smart remark. "I'm seventeen."
He cocks his head to the side slightly. "I-I'm not following."
"I'm five years younger than you." "F-Five-"
"And don't like Lucas, I like-"
I am stopped by a car honking.
"You guys want a lift?" the voice asks. Lucas, of course.
I feel Kaydan grab onto my wrist, and bring my attention back to him.
I can't read his expression at all. "Finish what you were saying."
I lose my ability to form words. "Christian-"
"Yay, or nay guys?" Lucas interrupts.
"I...I'm going for a walk," I say releasing Kaydan.