𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟝𝟙

-Kaydan's P.O.V-
I close the door behind me and glance up to see Christian's back. "What did you want to talk about?" I ask moving to his side to see his face. It was dark since the lights were out, but I could still make out most of his face. He moves his body to the right to block me from seeing it.
Okay, so this way-
I pivot on my foot and move to the left to cut him off, but he stops short and turns the opposite direction. I drop my shoulders and look in the direction of the light switch next to the door. I take a step towards it and Christian stops me short by calling out, "Leave them off."
I sigh and turn back to him as I fold my arms over my chest. "Christian."
He doesn't answer me.
I clear my throat, provoking an answer from him.
"What?"
I raise an eyebrow in silence.
"Yes," he corrects shortly afterwards.
"Look at me."
He shakes his head as he brings his hands to his face to dig his palms into his eyes. "No."
"What is wrong with you?" "Truthfully?"
"...Attempt a lie," I challenge.
He takes a deep breath. "Th-The thought of m-meeting your parents d-doesn't intimidate me, and I-I'm not afraid of m-messing up."
A smile tugs at my lips. I drop my arms in defeat and walk up behind him, snaking my arms around his waste. "You could've said you thought the world was going to end," I joke. Oddly, he doesn't share my humor. "You will be fine! If my parents couldn't force me into show business, they most certainly can't force me to stop seeing you."
"I wish it was that easy," he whispers, slouching in my arms.
"...But...it is?" I state confused holding him tighter.
He doesn't react.
I release him and walk over to the counter as I pull out my phone. I scroll down to my classics playlist a select one of my favorites. The room fills with the string family joining together in harmony, soon to be accompanied by the woodwind instruments. I close my eyes and begin humming along. I return my gaze to Christian to see that he hasn't moved from his spot. I take a few steps toward him and outstretch my arm, holding my hand out to him facing upward.
He stares at it for a second before placing his hand in mine.
"Christian, you're too tense," I tighten my grip around it and pull him into me as I continue. I use my free hand to direct his to my shoulder, then soon move mine just above his hip. "Relax," I whisper feeling his body tense up.
"But I can't da-"
I take a small step forward catching him off guard as he stumbles back. A beat passes, and I step back with my right foot, as he moves forward with his left.
He steps on my foot and hurriedly removes it, stepping back. "I am so sorry!"
I ignore it and continue, taking another step forward. When I take the next step backwards, I elevate onto my toes, and rotate my wrist slightly to twirl him underneath. As he does his spin I don't let go, and he lets out a startled gasp as he falls backward to his right, and into my arm. I dip him farther down, and a second breath escapes him. I smirk at his blush covered face and kiss him deeply. He reaches up with his free hand and grabs onto my shirt. I pull back after three seconds of bliss and help him back to his feet. "- Dance?" I finish for him as he stares at me mesmerized.
"...What?"
"Earlier you started a sentence and never finished it," I chuckle, not letting go of him.
"I can't." He argues. "I stepped on you."
"It had potential," I defend. I place my arms over his shoulders and connect them around his neck. "I guess I have to teach you," I pretend to sound irritated.
"Now?"
"There's no time like the present."
"But what about your parents?"
"They can wait. There is a more important task at hand!"
I can feel him roll his eyes. "Me learning how to dance?"
I mean...I just want to see you blush
multiple times before the day is up...although you learning to dance in the process wouldn't hurt.
I rest my face into the crook of his neck. "Something like that," I breathe before pulling back. I could tell he was staring at me with wide eyes.
"O-Okay, but I get to dip you this time." I smirk. "Only if you can keep up."
-Jasper's P.O.V-
I slowly glance between Mrs. Green and Luke. I don't remember seeing anyone carry in a pound of tension, but somehow it found its way to the room and showed itself in.
That wasn't his plan...that couldn't have been his plan. He's smarter than that. He HAS to be smarter than that.
She doesn't take her eyes off of him. "...Who are you?" She repeats in a more serious tone.
Luke's eyes widen as he quickly spurts out, "L-Lucas! My name is Lucas Matthews!" S-Sorry! I forgot I had a name!" He awkwardly laughs at the end.
Silence follows.
"H-He's actually a better friend of mine," Kyle jumps in to save him.
His mother straightens her back and wears a shocked expression. "...You made friends with him?"
Kyle shyly nods.
Her face is illuminated by her teeth when she smiles, and her blue eyes shine. She turns back to look at the older gentleman and exclaims, "Honey, did you hear that? Kyle made a friend!"
"Boy did I!" He walks up to him and ruffles his hair. "I didn't think you'd let anyone into your stone, cold heart!" He jokes.
"You aren't funny," Kyle groans pushing his hand away.
"Duh! Funny left 2 minutes ago, I'm dad!"
Mrs. Green and Jonathan laugh, but it hastily stops when Luke tries to join them. He clears his throat a final time, then Jonathan turns to face me. I feel his glare burn a hole into my head, but didn't dare to look away.
"What about Kaleb's new friend?" He questions bringing everyone's attention onto me.
Luke takes a deep breath, taking advantage of the pressure transferring to me, and Kyle pats his back lightly, trying not to get obviously close to him.
I reluctantly rip my eyes away from Jonathan and meet Mrs. Green's eyes. Her expression has hardened. "Piacere di conoscerti, Io sonno Jasper (Nice to meet you, I am Jasper)," I smile.
Her facial expression does not change.
Kaleb yanks on my sleeve and Jonathan chokes back a laugh. "She speaks more German if anything," he whispers.
Fuck. I'm rusty as hell on my German!...Best thing to do is speak with conviction! I have to impress her somehow.
"Sie schön aussehen fleisch Jasper (You look nice meat Jasper)," I try again without missing a beat.
Jonathan completely loses it, and Mrs. Green's eye twitches once.
I lean over to Kaleb, who hasn't taken his eyes off his mother, and ask, "I totally fucked that up, didn't I?"
"Effortlessly," he assures me.
I close my eyes. "Right." Jonathan's laugh only intensifies. "I'm sorry," I whisper squeezing Kaleb's hand.
"How about apologizing to my mother?" Kaleb replies.
"Oh, I'm not apologizing for that. It's way too late to redeem that one." I pat his head, releasing his hand.
"Wait, then why did you-"
"Hey Jonathan," I call.
Just say it. Fuck whatever happens next. Kaleb will be mine.
Kaleb grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him. "Don't."
"K-Ka-" I falter.
SHIT.
"...Can you do me a favor and shut up? It really wasn't that funny," I blurt out, irritation getting the better of me.
His laughing fit ends abruptly. "Excuse me?" His eyes beam through me.
"Guys, cool it," Mr. Green speaks up stepping in front of Jonathan. "Although, it really wasn't that funny," he defends me. "At least he tried."
"Well he's going to have to try a lot harder," Jonathan finishes continuing to glare at me.
Mrs. Green coughs loudly. "That was...where's Kaydan?" She questions looking away from me.
Luke straightens up as she walks over in his direction, and Mr. Green follows.
I clench my open hand and look down at Kaleb.
"I guess we need a new plan huh," he smiles weakly.
The pain in my chest wavers slightly, but it doesn't stop the question from falling out of my mouth. "Why are you still protecting him?"
What little support he was using to hold up his smile crumbles. "Huh?"
"You are still standing up for Jonathan."
"I'm not," he shoots back almost instantly. "So why didn't you let me tell him about us?"
He releases my hand, and- I'm not gunna lie- I feel like crying. "Because my parents are here?" He says as if I should already know the answer.
And I do.
"So you're too embarrassed to tell them about me?" I retaliate, kicking myself for not letting it go.
"Didn't we all agreed to try to find a way to tell them? You, Lucas, and Christian had your separate ideas, remember? You should know, because yours failed several seconds ago." He fixes his face into a frown and storms after his father to stand beside him. The view of his back is great.
Okay, so that stung a little.
I look to my right and see Jonathan smirking from ear to ear. He passes in front of me,
slowly, and goes to stand beside Kaleb. He pulls him to the side a bit and lifts his chin with his finger. "You are not permitted to leave my side for the rest of the night."
I notice Kaleb try to look at me, but Jonathan doesn't let him. "B-But-"
"Your parents orders."