🖤Hugh x subclass! reader🖤

(Y/n) had been Hugh's subclass for about three months now and she was fairly quiet and reserved from what Tetsu and Hug could see. Ever since Hugh saved her from her near death experience, (y/n) was around him almost all the time since she didn't like being alone. (Y/n) hardly ever spoke, she only talked to Hugh and Tetsu if they asked her a question or wanted her opinion on something. Hugh was curious about why (y/n) hardly expressed herself or why she kept to herself all the time. There was something else that worried Hugh, (y/n) seemed to panic and apologize whenever she forgot to do something that he wanted. One particular day, Hugh approached (y/n) while she was helping around the inn. He asked her to bring him a snack and a book to read to his room, (y/n) smiled and nodded before quickly finishing up what she was doing. A few minutes later, Hugh came to look for her as he had been waiting for her to come to his room for a while and he had wondered what had happened. (Y/n) was helping Tetsu out with something when she saw Hugh making his way over to her when he asked her about the things he had asked for, (y/n) apologized for forgetting and getting distracted. Hugh told her it was fine and not to worry and he would get it himself.

" No, I'll get it for you right now! I'll be right back, I won't forget next time! I swear!" (y/n) said as she quickly walked off.

Hugh and Tetsu were completely shocked, (y/n) never raised her voice before much less looked so panicked over something like this. It worried Hugh and he tried to ask (y/n) about her past hoping to find a clue for all her actions but she didn't give him any straight answer. He even asked his other subclass to find out more about (y/n)'s life before she became his subclass, although, the only thing they found was that she had been missing for a year. She had run away from home and no one knew why she left, not even her parents knew why she ran off.

One day after they were on the way home from running errands, something caught (y/n)'s attention, she asked Hugh if she could step away for awhile and that she would return home later that day. Hugh told her that it was alright for her to do as she pleased and didn't need his permission whenever she wanted to go off on her own. Tetsu told her to be careful and not to get into any trouble, (y/n) smiled before happily walking off in a different direction. A few minutes after she left Hugh told Tetsu that they should follow (y/n) to see where she was going, they made sure she didn't notice but they lost her at some point. Eventually, they found her in a park running around and playing with all the other children that were there. Hugh and Tetsu watched in amazement as (y/n) ran around smiling and laughing, something they had never seen her do before. They were surprised that (y/n) who was quiet and reserved was actually the exact opposite, despite the fact that she was in her late teens, (y/n) didn't look out of place as she looked a lot younger than her given age. They decided to head back home to wait for her and hopefully get an explanation from her as to why she was hiding who she really was.

(Y/n) returned home a few hours later and she was surprised to find Hugh waiting for her.

" Where did you run off to?" he asked.

" I went for a walk." she replied.

" ( Y/n), I know you're not telling me the truth. Tetsu and I followed you after you went off on your own, so can you explain what all that was about?"

(Y/n) went quiet and looked down at the ground unsure of what to say. She couldn't believe that Hugh had seen her, she should've made sure she wasn't being followed.

"(Y/n)?" Hugh asked, worried that (y/n) wasn't saying anything.

She sighed and told Hugh that she hadn't been completely honest with him, so she was going to tell him everything, about what he saw and about her life before becoming his subclass. Hugh lead her back to his room so they could chat and have some tea, (y/n) was a little anxious about explaining but she knew she would eventually have to if she ever let her true self show.

(Y/n) explained that when she was younger everything in her life was normal and she was really happy living with her parents. But as she got older she didn't act like normal girls her own age, she was immature and childish, something her parents weren't happy about. She still loved doing things little kids liked to do and she was happy, she was just being who she really was despite the fact that her parents tried everything to make her act like someone she was not. (Y/n) also forgot to do things her parents asked from time to time which caused her parents to yell at her and question why she was so absent minded. Eventually, they thought it would be best if they just ignored her and pretended that she didn't exist. They focused all their attention on their younger sibling hoping she would be better than (y/n), at some point she realized that her parents would never accept her for who she was so she ran away. After (y/n) told him everything she waited to hear what Hugh had to say about everything.

" (Y/n) it's alright for you to just be yourself, I like you just the way you are."

(Y/n) couldn't help but give Hugh a hug all while she cried but these weren't tears of sadness, it was quite the opposite they were tears of happiness and relief. There was actually someone who wouldn't judge her for her actions, wouldn't yell or call her a disappointment just because she was being herself. After a few minutes she let Hugh go and wiped away her tears before smiling for the first time since she had become his subclass.

" You're the best Hugh! I'm glad you're the one who saved me that day." (y/n) said before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

(Y/n) decided to bake some cookies to celebrate so she went to the kitchen to start making them leaving Hugh a blushing mess.

Minutes later a small smile spread on his face.

" I really do love her, I don't think she realized that I mean I like her as more than just a friend. Oh, well. I'll confess to her properly soon."

~~~ End~~~