Chapter 59

"Well, I guess we should try to get our heart rates to calm down a little, huh?" Wanda smiles, cocking her head slightly to the side as if she's making fun of me.

"You don't know that he meant me. Could have meant you. Probably was you." I reply and her smile grows.

"Cool as a cucumber?"
"Oh, you got it, baby." I nod coolly, crossing my arms across my chest. Wanda looks away from me, still smiling wide, shaking her head slightly at me.

I catch myself studying her face, trying to remember every detail of how she looks when she's amused -of how she looks when she's amused by me. I feel like this is all I want to do for the rest of my days; just keep her smiling. It suits her.

Wanda looks back at me suddenly, her smile even bigger now, her eyes shining merrily.

"What?" I ask her, feeling like she's in on some joke I am not.

"Nothing. I just -like you." She says after a little pause, her cheeks rosy.

"Oh."
"Oh?" She tilts her head again and my chest feels like it's going to explode at the sight.

What on earth is going on?

"Right." I nod and she chuckles slightly.

"Alright, Livv-o."
"No. Absolutely not." I shake my head and she laughs, the sound echoing in the empty kitchen.

"Livv-o is cute."
"It sounds like Jello." I roll my eyes and she shrugs.

"I like jello."

"Wanda."

"Don't act like you don't turn into jelly each time I touch you." Wanda sneers, her eyes sparkling joyously and I laugh out loud at her bashfulness.
"You need to stop." I say, but my tone comes out sounding nothing like I want her to stop. And I kind of am enjoying this Wanda, to be honest.

"Why? Can't keep up?" She teases, a smirk on her face and she bites her lower lip as she watches me react.

"No, I just don't want that robot to scold you again."

"Hmm." She hums and I don't miss the way her smile filters for just a second before she puts it back on. "Let's go back to our room."
"If you want." I shrug and she nods and extends her hand for me to take.

I take it, feeling like I'm suddenly back in middle school and am finally earning just the slightest attention from my crush. Wanda smiles again and I get the feeling that she's been listening in on my thoughts and it makes me blush slightly, wishing I weren't such a nerd. Whatever happened to me? I used to be so cool.

Wanda snorts and I look sternly at her but it doesn't deter the smile on her face whatsoever.

Wanda leads us back through the maze of corridors and the at first barely perceptible tingle I felt when our hands met has grown to warm prickling. It's odd, but not unpleasant. Almost like feeling your limb come awake after it has been asleep, not moving for a long while. I wonder if the feeling has something to do with Wanda's magic.

"Here we are." Wanda says as we return to the door of the room we left just a little while earlier when she thought everyone needed to know I was 'back', whatever that really meant. I am pulled into the room by the hand and I break Natasha's rule about not closing the door.

Let her come and find me if she has an issue. I'm not scared.

Wanda snorts again and I roll my eyes as I hear the door click shut behind me.

Wanda spins around, her hair loosely bouncing around her shoulders so effortlessly it makes me slightly jealous. She pulls me in by the hand, her smile fading. I barely have the time to register what is happening before I feel her lips on mine and I feel like my feet are yanked from underneath me.