Chapter 100

(Fear not, I am alive. Apologies for the wait my darlings)

.

"Olivia?" Wanda's hand feebly strokes my back as I cling onto her frail frame as though I might completely float away into oblivion without her.

My head is spinning and I feel like throwing up. It's as though someone has just punched every atom of my being repeatedly. I squeeze my eyes shut, willing myself to somehow return to myself, but I can't seem to. I just cling onto the warmth that is Wanda and hope everything will be over soon.

"Livvy? Please tell me you're okay." Wanda's voice shakes slightly, her vowels thick with emotion. "You're scaring me."

Something in her voice manages to break through and I stop shaking. I realize she's used my nickname again. I try to regulate my erratic breathing which has left me lightheaded. Wanda's fingers gently put steadily wrap around my shoulder as she tries to pry me off her. I shake my head, my heart beginning to pound against my sore ribcage as I cling harder to her. I can't let go. Not now that I just got her back. No, no, no-

"Olivia, please." Wanda whines, her breath fanning across my neck. "You need to talk to me. Please, honey."
I recognize the exhaustion in her tone of voice and recognize that if I've made it back in time, back to us on the Raft, minus the mist, she must be feeling about as great as I am. In her state of grogginess, my behavior must not make any sense to her at all. She must be so confused. I breathe in her familiar scent to try to force myself to acknowledge that she is real, that she is right there, right here, in my arms. She won't disappear if I let go. She's real, and her chest rises and falls with each of her shallow breaths. She's real.

"There you are." Wanda softly pushes me away from her again and I finally allow it.

I feel myself shake slightly as Wanda keeps her hands on my shoulders, letting them drop down my arms slightly. I suddenly notice my arm is back in its sling and I feel a dull ache in my ribs. My heart begins to race as I realize I don't exist anymore. Well, I obviously do exist, but not in my old body. Well, this is obviously my old body, so my current self doesn't-

"Hey-" Wanda briefly touches my cheek, gaining my attention as I begin to panic again.

As soon as my eyes find hers, she drops her hand, a slight rosy sheen tinting her cheekbones. Her eyes briefly wander to something behind me before they're back on me, that small familiar frown gracing the middle of her forehead as her eyebrows furrow as she searches for something on my face.

"I don't-" She grimaces slightly and I feel a growing kernel of worry blossom in the pit of my stomach, pushing its way to the forefront of all my other confusing feelings.

"I think they might be about to-" Wanda mutters, her words slightly muddled in her mouth as she again looks behind me, and with a pang of fear I realize we're in the middle of running away from the soldiers on the Raft. I could not have picked a better time in, well, time, to return to.

"Shit." I shake my head slightly to gather my thoughts, deciding that whatever questions I have must wait until I have successfully gotten us out of here. Now I only have one objective: to get us out, alive.

I hear Wanda exhale a sigh of what I think might be relief as I finally seem to snap out of whatever daze she found me in. I push myself off the floor with a newfound rush of adrenaline until a pang of pain courses through me.

"Fuck!" I grit my teeth, screwing my eyes shut for a moment.

"What?" Wanda's worried voice reaches me and I forcefully exhale.