Chapter 85

"Natasha." Darcy scolds the redhead. "Don't be so ominous!"
"What? I'm not being ominous! I'm trying to get everyone to understand the gravity of the situation!" Natasha defends herself, looking around the room for some form of support.

"Alright, yes, we get it - Hydra, bad, Wanda, danger, we, help." Darcy gestures wildly around the room.

"I think that's all we can take tonight. I think we are safe to rest now, don't you?" Darcy sighs and turns to look at Yelena and me. "I mean just look at poor Liv, she looks like she's going to collapse any time now!" Darcy gestures towards me and I feel the heat rise in my cheeks as five pairs of eyes turn to me.

"I'm fine." I mutter under my breath.

"No. She's tired. I'm tired. We should rest." Yelena catches my eyes and then looks at her sister for affirmation.

Natasha seems to contemplate for a moment, her brows slightly furrowed over her paler than usual face. I can tell she's tired, too, but I know her better than to ever believe she would divulge that information. She sighs, and I know she's giving in.

"Alright, sure. There's not much we can do now, anyway. Yelena, Liv, you want to head to the jet and get it ready? We should have some mattresses and such stowed away-" Natasha brushes her hands over her legs, nods at Yelena and me, and starts getting up, but is suddenly interrupted.

"No!" Wanda's raspy voice calls out and Natasha pauses and looks at her.

Wanda looks momentarily embarrassed, her cheeks flushing slightly, but then she seems to collect herself as she juts her chin out slightly in defense and looks haughty and I brace myself for whatever she's going to say next.

"You don't all need to go to the jet. The couch is fine for someone." Wanda looks at the tired-looking couch Darcy is sitting on.

Darcy looks rather unamused by the prospect of having to stay in the cabin with an irritable Wanda and a not-dead-Vision gliding around the place. To her probable relief, Wanda speaks again as she begins to move out of the corner towards the kitchen, shaking Vision's hand off her and pretending like she doesn't know exactly what she's doing.

"Olivia. You've slept on it before." She passes the comment as a passing remark without even looking at me, but I can read her like a book.

"But-" I begin, looking at Natasha who just shrugs and gets off the couch with a sigh.

"Alright. Don't know how many sleeping bags we've got stowed away anyhow." She mumbles and Darcy gets up too, and I look to Yelena on my side.

"Want to walk us to the jet?" She suggests and I nod.

"Sure."
"I think they can find it." I hear an annoyed voice call out and I turn, slightly peeved off now, to look at Wanda in the kitchen.

She's in the middle of brewing a cup of tea, a small scarlet light pulsating underneath her palm she holds over the mug. She looks up and straight at Yelena with a straight, unamused face.

"Don't worry. The wolves don't come this close to the cabin." Wanda tells Yelena condescendingly, with a small smirk and I practically feel the annoyance radiate off of Yelena.

"Actually." I speak up and Wanda's green gaze moves over to me, an expectant look now gracing her annoyingly beautiful features. I push the thought away. I pause to let her fully focus on me. When I know her attention is on me completely, I continue.

"I would actually love to walk them over. Feel free to make me a cup of tea while I'm gone."

Wanda's smug grin drops slightly off of her face to be replaced by an almost imperceptible scowl and I smile sweetly at her.