Chapter 9

He says into my ear as he presses his dagger down harder, though not hard enough to draw blood.

What is it with people and holding blades to my neck lately?

"We could have had so much fun together." He whispers and I feel a shiver go down my neck at what he was implying. It certainly wasn't him offering me free drinks all night. "I mean you seemed fine having fun with that vampire you just met, I was sure you wouldn't refuse what we could have offered you, you little slut."

When I said half the thrill of getting down and dirty in a club was the thought of being watched, I did not mean men like him, that's for sure.

His hold is weak and untrained and I know I could easily get out of it any day of the week, but not when I'm drugged this badly. He's too strong for my frail body right now.

His dagger suddenly leaves my throat but before I can do anything he places his hand there, choking me.

What is it with people choking me today? I mean in the bedroom I'm fine with a little bit of pain, glad even, but not by men who try to kill me.

The pressure on my neck gets tighter, making it harder for me to breathe, though not hard enough to cut off all of my air supply.

I feel the dagger now being dragged across my face.

"We could have fucked you watching your pretty little face respond to us." He says as he continues dragging it, applying pressure in different places, though still not enough to draw blood. "We could have fucked this pretty little mouth until you were crying for us to stop." he says as he drags the dagger over my lips, "We could have listened to the screams coming from your pretty little mouth as we all took our turns with you while you were unable to do anything to stop us."

I tense up at his words and he feels it, "Wasn't that why you came here dressed like a slut? So you can get fucked like the whore you are?" He says to me and he moves his dagger back to my neck.

If this were in another situation. Like in bed with the hot vampire from before, I would be very turned on from the degradation. From the name calling and threats for more than one man taking me. The not being able to do anything part also, but more so from being tied up, unable to move, rather than being drugged, unable to move.

But in this reality right now, there is no sexual arousal, only strong pain from the cut in my neck.

It should not have hurt that much.

As my vision starts to get blurrier I realise that it's the same poison that was on the arrow that Archy shot at me. A poison that gets worse as it stays in your body.

My eyes widen in panic as I realise I am about to pass out just like I did in the woods and as adrenaline courses through my blood I push the blurriness away and summon one of the arrow that remained in the body of the dead man from one end of the alley and I sigh in relief as I hear the whoosh of it flying through the air and the warmth I feel from the bartenders blood seeping into my dress at the back.

I quickly shake the man off of me and force myself to remain conscious as I stumble over to my dagger and pick it up.

I suddenly hear voices coming from one end of the alley and a few gasps as they take in the scene in front of them.

As I fight to remain conscious and focus on drawing Nics power to me to sift back to Nowhere, I turn my gaze to the group now rushing towards me.

Though whether it's to help me or come and finish the job these men started I'm not sure.

I scan the group as they come into the light and my eyes widen as they meet the brown eyes of the man at the bar earlier and I can see my shock in them.