Chapter 32

Well. I can easily say that the person that fingered me at the bar a week or so ago, was definitely the last person I expected to see.

"Oh fuck, what?" Attikus asks Mason as he looks between the two of us.

"No way!" Cardin says as he gets out of his seat and runs over to Mason. He jumps on his back and whispers something into his ear and Mason nods sullenly.

"You fucked my sister in a fucking bar!" Attikus shouts as he gets up and storms over to Mason. Mason's eyes widen and he goes to run away, though because Cardin is still on his back, he trips and falls, Cardin landing on top of him.

I didn't really think that Attikus and Zilani - and Oliver, being my twin - are my siblings. I always thought that Nic was my only sibling, and to now find out that we're not even related by blood? That shit shocks you.

"You fucked someone in a bar?" Melody, who is now sitting next to me, asks and I nod my head.

"Yes." I answer and she laughs.

"And here I thought you'd have gotten tortured after escaping." Zilani says as she crosses one leg over the other, pulling Priya closer to her.

"Oh please, give me some credit." I say as I roll my eyes, "I escaped so I didn't get tortured. And I sure was fucking careful as to not get tortured again."

"You were tortured?" The red haired boy, Silas, says as he looks up at me, still sitting on top of Mason.

"Well, yeah." I say as if it were obvious. I mean if you asked anyone who had ever been a guest, it would be obvious. "Why do you think I have so many scars?"

"What about the one on your face?" Priya asks and I sigh.

"Yeah, that was from Archyn." I sigh. Of course it's a badass scar, but I would have rathered to be able to say that I got it from fighting a bear or something. Not from stupid fucking Archyn.

"What a dick." Zilani says and I nod.

"Pretty much everyone who 'helped' there was tortured." Melody says, "Part of the reason as to why it's so perfect. Because if we did one thing wrong-"

"We would get tortured." I finish off for her, "And I can tell you, it was not fun."

"Well maybe if you didn't take nearly everyone's punishments, it wouldn't have been that bad." Melody snaps, still annoyed at that.

"You took everyone's punishments?" Priya asks, her eyes wide.

"She did." Melody says as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"Why?"

"Training." Melody says with a huff.

"Training?" Silas asks again, still on top of Mason, who is still not moving. Though I think it's because Silas is blocking him from Attikus.

"That's what she would say." Mel shrugs and I can feel all eyes turn to me.

"How was getting tortured, training?" Attikus asks me, looking horrified.

"Because if she gets used to the pain, it won't affect her on missions." Melody mimics in a high pitched voice, stating the same thing I would tell her everytime she asked.

"Missions?" Attikus asks, forgetting Mason and coming to take a seat on the floor, a few meters away from us, legs crossed.

Here we go. "She is - was - is?" She looks at me and I shake my head. As powerful as it would sometimes make me feel, I'm not going to keep killing people if I don't have to - especially not if they're innocent. "Was," Melody confirms, "an assassin."