Chapter 69

KAIA'S POV

I walk in just as Archyn picks up the frying pan, flipping a pancake in the air. "Morning Princess." He smirks, looking up at me.

"Morning," I grumble. I've never been a morning person.

He gestures to a steaming mug of tea on the table beside him and I sigh in relief. I have a sip and smile. "Sit." He says.

"So demanding." I smile though I still walk around to sit on the stool in front of him. He grabs a plate then tosses the golden pancake on top of it, sliding it over to me. He turns around and rummages through the large cupboard for a few moments before turning back around, a jug of maple syrup in his hands.

He drizzles the syrup over my pancakes. Gosh I love this man.

A mumbling sound comes from the doorway and we both turn to see Ezra walk in, looking exhausted.

"What happened to you?" I ask with a laugh the scowl at him when he picks up my cup of tea.

"Santiago." He mutters and I laugh again.

"Ezra, we didn't want to know that." Archyn huffs, passing me cutlery.

"Your Mate asked." Ezra points out and Archyn smirks.

"Fiance."

Ezra's eyes widen and he looks to my hand where a ruby red ring sits proudly. He looks between us both, mouth wide open.

"No way!" He squeals, pulling me in for a hug,

"I hope I'm one of your bridesmaids. Kaia I'll even wear a dress if you want me to be matching with you other bridesmaids.

I laugh at his words and nod but Archyn cuts in, "I guess I'll have to choose someone else to be my best man."

Ezra's eyes widen again and he looks at me regretfully, "I'm sorry Kaia, but I think I'll have to be the best man to my brother instead." I smile as he lets go of me and runs over to Archyn, pulling him in for an even tighter hug.

I can tell how much Archyn wants him to let go, but he eventually relaxes and hugs him back. I can also tell how much that surprised Ezra, though he certainly isn't complaining.

I hadn't even thought about what a wedding would entail. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. If you told me I would be getting married to my Mate, the Dark Fae King, I'd have punched you for even suggesting such a thing. But now here I am, about to start planning my own fucking wedding.

Nic and Camrey walk in then, both looking exhausted as well. Gosh, did everyone fuck last night?

"Good morning you two," Ezra says chirpily and rolls his eyes when they mutter an incoherent 'morning' back to him, "Are you going to greet the soon to be newlyweds like this? How preposterous."

His words get both of their attention, Nic snapping his head towards me, "You're getting married?"

"Yes." Archyn says and I see a small hint of a smile on his face, and a small hint of pride in his tone.

I shove pieces of the pancake in my mouth, wanting to fill my stomach before I have any important conversations.

"Wow." Camrey says, just as shocked as Nic.

"Double wow." Ti says from the doorway, I hadn't even noticed he was there.

"Santiago, I'm going to be the best man!'' Ezra says proudly, puffing out his chest. Ti laughs and rolls his eyes.

I finish the last of my pancakes and fight the urge to pick up the plate and lick it clean. Archyn takes it from me and starts to clean it. I turn back around and look at Nic.