Chapter 29

The Queen gasps and stops - my arm once again nearly ripped out of its socket.

"You found your Mate?" She squeals and lets go of me to hug Attikus. "I'm so happy for you baby."

The Queen pulls away but still holds onto his arms. "Attikus, where is she?"

"Um, that's what I was going to ask." He shuffled awkwardly on his feet before continuing, "Is it okay if I go back and get her?"

"Of course!" Elenor says as she smiles at her son.

Attikus turns to me, "You might know her." Oh gosh, if his Mate is one of the stuck up supernaturals, I ain't helping him. "She has long black hair, green eyes." He stops to think for a few moments, "Oh, she was the help who got smacked on the butt," He growls this part out like he's furious, "and you stood up for her."

No way. "Your Mate is Melody!" I squeal.

"Is that her name?" He asks and his face has this dreamy look on it, "Wow."

"You know his Mate?" The Queen asks me as she drops Attikus' arms.

"Oh yeah. She's my best friend." I smile.

"Do you think she'll come with me?" He asks me and I smirk.

"If you promise to keep her safe and tell her that you have me, she most definitely will come with you." I quickly reach into the bra I'm wearing and take out and old bracelet made with red and green string. "Here, show her this and she'll come with you for sure."

I hand him the bracelet and he smiles gratefully before disappearing into thin air.

"Thank you Mikaia." The Queen smiles at me.

"Of course." I tell her, "I know how hard it is being kept there and I know that she'll jump at the chance to get out." I laugh but the Queen looks at me confused.

"Oh, I used to work there." I tell her but her look doesn't change.

"We can talk about it tomorrow morning. We have lots to tell you." She says and I nod.

A few moments later Attikus appears again, a Melody in tow.

"Kaia!" She says and she runs to me, pulling me into a hug, "Holy shit Kaia, I thought you got killed or something. When word got out you were no long under the protection of that stupid Dark Fae King, everyone started to panic again."

I laugh and gently push her off me before she suffocates me.

Attikus passes the bracelet back to me and this time I put it on my wrist.

"I didn't think you kept it." Melody says with a smirk.

"Well did you keep yours?" I ask her and she holds up her wrist, showcasing a matching bracelet.

I look over to Attikus and he's staring at Melody with doe eyes. I think the man's already in love with her.

"I am going to go to sleep." The Queen announces, nodding at Attikus, "Attikus will show you both to your rooms and we can talk in the morning." She turns to me and smiles again, "It was good to see you again Mikaia."

With that she speeds off down the corridor, leaving Mel and I with Attikus.

"So who are you exactly?" Mel asks Attikus and he seems to snap out of whatever fantasy he was in.

"I'm Attikus." He says.

"Attikus." Mel repeats, sounding his name out on her tongue and I try not to laugh as I watch Attikus blush.