Chapter 19

"Kaia, I'm serious. What did you do to Victoria?" Archyn asks, ignoring Ezra and Ti's teasing.

"Archyn, I just told you, it was a quick flick of the wrists, snap of the neck, and I was on my way."

"Fucking hell Kaia." Archyn says as he grabs my wrist, yanking me off of the couch. "You're such a pain in the ass. Why can't you fucking act like a normal fucking human being." Archyn says as he drags me along, out of the library.

I yank my arm out of his hands, the socket screaming as he doesn't let go. I spin my wrist around and grab on to his hand and dig my nails into him and he lets go of me with a hiss.

"Kaia." He growls out, reaching to grip my wrist again.

"Stop it." I snap and turn around to the others but they weren't looking at me getting kidnapped, they were talking and laughing among themselves.

Some friends I have. Just letting me get kidnapped and killed by myself. Not even a "Goodbye Mikaia, we love you".

Archyn used the time I was looking at the others to grab my wrist again and pulls me - much harder than he needed to - out of the library, dragging me down the halls.

He keeps dragging me, forcing me to practically run alongside him.

"Hurry up." He growls at me as his pace quickens.

Now I really am running.

I think I eventually zone out - or maybe I passed out. Oh my god do you think he knocked me out? - because before I know it I find us standing in front of a large whole in a window.

The aftermath of me getting pushed out that window.

"This reminds me Archy. Forget about what I did to Victoria, let's talk about you having wings." I say as he lets go of my wrist and I cross my arms off my chest.

"No." He says as he mimicked my pose.

"Yes." I say, going to stomp my foot to show my annoyance but if I saw someone do that I would judge them effortlessly so I decide against it, "You pushed me out a fucking window."

He just huffs so I continue, "Then I get kidnapped-"

"It's not kidnapped if you go willingly." Archyn snaps.

"Don't interrupt me!" I yell at him as I poke a finger into his chest, "Anyways I get kidnapped by another black winged man, and then reunited with-"

"Jason." Archyn growls, his body visibly tensing.

"Yeah. You know him?" I ask him, tilting my head to the side.

"Yes."

I don't know why I'm surprised that they know each other. They'll probably unite together to torture me.

I look at him, expecting him to elaborate on how they know each other but he just looks at me.

"Soooo, how do you know Jason?" I ask him and roll my eyes as he stays silent.

"He's my cousin." He grinds out and my eyebrows raise in surprise.

That was the last thing I expected. I thought it was more of a "oh we met at a torturing class."

"Cousins?" I ask him.

He just grunts - he seems to do a lot of that, I mean it's better than cutting me - and I take the grunt as a yes.

"Since when?" I ask and he looks at me with a pointed look, "Right that wasn't a good question."

He just nods but stays staring at me. But it's more like he was looking through me rather than at me.