Chapter 34

Kaia's POV

My head feels like it's about to explode. I can't hear anything but the constant roaring in my ears.

My body feels like it's on fire and I sit up, opening my eyes. I'm in a room, Oliver's room.

The light is bright, almost blinding and I squint.

And I can see everything so clearly. The small bumps in the wall from the paint, the dust particles that have fallen onto the carpet, the small hairs on the blanket on top of me. Stuff I'd never been able to make out before.

My head is still beating as I get off of the bed, suddenly really thirsty. My throat is dry and I look around me, seeing a glass of water on the table beside the bed. I pick it up and drink it in one shot.

Though it does nothing to quench the thirst. I look around the room and see the door. I burst through it and run through the hall. Suddenly I come face first with the wall.

What the fuck.

I look behind to where I'd just left the room and see that the door I came out of is miles behind me.

But I'd only been running for not even five seconds, how'd I get here so fast?

Though I ignore the thoughts and use whatever new found speed I suddenly have and go to the kitchen. I don't bother about getting a glass, I just speed over to the sink and stick my head under the tap.

I remove my head from under the tap and kick the cupboard in frustration at the fact that I'm still fucking thirsty.

My kick leaves a mark in the cupboard door and the one next to it falls open, bags of red stuff falling out.

And my god does it smell fucking good.

I don't think about anything as I drop to my knees and pick up one of the bags. For some reason I just have the urge to bite so I sink my teeth into the bag, marvelling at the taste of the red liquid.

I drink the whole bag in a matter of seconds and then I grab another one. I drink five more bags and go to take another but there's none left.

I scream in frustration and then get back to my feet just before the door slams open.

In walks the red haired boy I'd seen somewhere before. He looks up at me, then to the empty plastic bags on the floor, then back up to me with wide eyes.

He curses under his breath before slowly walking towards me. But not slow enough.

Through my heavy breaths, I grab a knife that was sitting beside the sink and throw it at him. He manages to move out the way, but the knife cuts into his arm slightly, releasing the sweet smell into the air.

I race over to him and grab his arm, licking at the blood.

He awkwardly tries to pull away as the cut heals, taking away the sweet food for me. My chest starts rising up and down again and he goes to pull away again, harder this time.

Without thinking of anything but the need to taste that liquid again, I raise my mouth to a part of his neck where the scent smells the strongest and sink my teeth into it.

He groans out at first and tries to fight me off but as I start sucking the liquid out, his groans turn into moans. I keep drinking and he keeps moaning. I feel my thirst become less apparent the longer I drink.

Just as I'm about to pull away, he goes limp in my arms, falling to the ground, causing me to fall on top of him.

He doesn't move to get up though I can feel his chest rising and falling at a fast panting pace.