Chapter 39

Kaia's POV

I watch from one of the stools as Silas works his way around the kitchen.

The kitchen where food just magically appeared. I still find tht stupid as fuck. Like, why not just keep it stocked the whole time.

Though it makes me wonder.

Will I ever be able to use magic like that?

"Dinner is served." Silas says as he slides a plate of delicious smelling food across to me.

I hum in delight and catch the knife and fork he throws at me.

"Dig in." He says and I snort.

He sits down in the stool to my right and starts to eat his food too.

"So, I think that now that our appetite for proper food has returned, we can go back to the palace." Silas says in between large mouthfuls.

I nod my head, "I'm so looking forward to going back home."

Silas' head snaps to face me and I just stare back at him.

"What?" I ask and lift my fingers up to close his mouth before food falls out.

"You called it home." He says with a smug smile before turning back to his food.

Hah. I guess I did.

That's so weird though. I've been in this cabin longer than I have in the palace. Hell, I was in the Dark and the Light Palace's for longer than this.

I wonder if Nic calls the Dark Palace his home. Or maybe Haevyn does.

"What are you thinking?" Silas asks me around a mouthful of chicken.

I place my cutlery on the side of the plate before I turn to face him. "I want to see Nic and Haevyn." I tell him and he raises an eyebrow.

"Who?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"My brother." I say and he looks even more confused, "Well, the boy I thought was my brother." He nods his head, though I can tell he still doesn't get it.

I roll my eyes as I stand up and walk to one of the cupboards, grabbing out a glass.

"Can you get me one?"

"No." I tell him and he huffs.

"I made you dinner." He says like it'll convince me.

"Cause you insisted. I was gonna make it."

"You know I wouldn't have let that happen." He says sternly.

"Aw," I say as I turn around to face him, putting my hand over my heart, "Because you don't want me to have to do the work."

"No." He says as he snorts, "Because last time you set the kitchen on fire."

"Oh get over that." I snap at him and throw my glass of water at him, "It's not my fault you and Erik walked in whilst I was taking my mac and cheese off the stove."

"You threw a tea towel onto the flames." He deadpans and I ignore him.

I hear a knock at the door and I laugh as it makes Silas jump. The door clicks open and I raise a brow. Why would someone break into this place? I mean it's not like they'll succeed.

I use my new speed to grab a sharp kitchen knife out of the draw and hold it, ready for the person to turn the corner.

"Are you guys decent?" I hear Attikus say as he turns the corner, his hands pressed firmly against his eyes.