𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟷, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙰

It's another day at Liberty High school

It's another day at Liberty High school. Another day where everyone acts as if they're all perfectly fine; as if Hannah Baker's death doesn't affect any of them.

Grace Jensen is as good as she can be considering what had happened. Not only two weeks ago, one of her closest friends had taken her own life due to her own internal battles. And Grace's twin brother, Clay Jensen, was also taking it extremely hard, no matter how hard he tried to deny it. They were both quite close with the girl, but Grace always knew that Clay secretly had a crush on their friend.

Clay and Grace are standing at their lockers that were coincidentally next to each other, putting their books away when they both notice that Hannah's locker has been decorated with kind notes and pictures.

Grace scoffs to herself, she knows that no one actually cared about Hannah. They only feel guilty for the harsh words they spread about her once upon a time.

Grace spots two girls standing in front of the locker. "She was so pretty." She overhears the blonde one say to her friend.

"Totally." The brunette nods in agreement.

The female Jensen watches as the blonde girl pulls out her phone from her left back pocket and holds it directly in front of them, making sure to show the locker in the background with solemn faces as they take a selfie. "What is it again?" She asks as she types on her phone.

"Hashtag never forget." Is the other one's reply before they both walk away to their next class.

The twins begin to walk slowly to the locker after closing their own, reminiscing the memories they have with her. The bell rings loudly, signalling for everyone to head to their next class, but they take no notice. Grace thinks about all the times where she thought that something was wrong with Hannah but didn't say anything and sighs to herself quietly. She could of helped, she knows that. And she will regret it until the day that she dies.

Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears a voice join them. "What the hell are you doing?" The voice demands and Grace tenses up.

Justin Foley.

The boy that she has been forbiddingly seeing for quite a bit now. Even though he has a girlfriend. No one knew about them, not even Clay.

And that was for two reasons. One being that he had a girlfriend, one that Grace didn't like too much, Jessica Davis. If Grace admitted it to herself, she was angry. She was upset that since Justin and her started seeing each other, he continued to be with Jess. It wasn't fair, to either girls.

And reason number two is Justin's reputation. It was no secret that Justin will do anything to protect his reputation, even if it sadly means keeping Grace a secret.