𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟷, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙱

Grace wakes up to the bright light of the sun shining in her eyes and the sound of the birds chirping loudly through the open window

Grace wakes up to the bright light of the sun shining in her eyes and the sound of the birds chirping loudly through the open window. She groans loudly, after everything that happened the day before, she couldn't find it in herself to get ready for school just yet, so she decides to stay in bed for a few more minutes in peace.

Finding the will to move, she sits up on her bed and reaches for her phone, messaging Justin to see if he was okay after being dragged out of class by Mr. Porter. Grace rolls her eyes as she sees that Justin has read the message but hasn't bothered in replying.

She grabs her headphones that are on her bedside table, before pulling out the Walkman that she hid under her pillow.

She stares at the tape for a few moments, mentally preparing herself for the new secrets that might unfold. She can't help but think that the next tape might be about Clay, or even worse, about her. Why else would the tapes be addressed to her too?

She closes her eyes, frustrated by her thoughts and presses play on the tape player before she can back out.

"Welcome back. So glad you're still listening. Are you having fun?"

Grace rolls her eyes, finding it quite cruel how Hannah is tormenting people with these tapes. But then she backtracks on her thoughts, they did torment Hannah first. Karma is a bitch.

"You must be wondering who's next, and why. Is it you? What did you do? How did you end up on these tapes? Maybe you did something cruel. Or maybe you just watched it happen. Maybe you didn't even realise you were being cruel. Maybe you didn't do anything at all. And maybe you should have. Too late. I think you know exactly what you did. And after these tapes, you'll never forget it. I know I won't. Oh, and, uh, by the way... I'm still dead."

A couple of hours later, after getting some more much needed sleep, Grace wakes up again, to a knock on her wooden door. She grumbles quietly and checks the time. Six thirty am. This is the earliest she's ever woken up before. She usually gets up at seven.

"Grace? There's breakfast downstairs." Is all her mom says to her as she then leaves the room.

Her mom wasn't the same with her as she was with Clay, Grace noticed. She didn't know why, she had never done anything for her to act a certain way, it just was. Clay, was her mom's pride and joy. Grace, was just the second child.
She tried not to let that bother her, but it was hard when she mostly becomes unnoticed around her family. She wants to be seen. And she wants to be loved. But the only love she's ever felt was off of her twin once in a blue moon.

Grace then squints her eyes in confusion at her mother's earlier words. Breakfast? They never had breakfast together as a family. So, why now?