𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟻, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙰

Grace sits on her bed in absolute shock, just having heard Justin's second tape before school

Grace sits on her bed in absolute shock, just having heard Justin's second tape before school. She knew that it was going to be bad, but not this bad. It makes her feel sick how Bryce could even find it in himself to do that to Jessica, it was absolutely disgusting and it made her hate him even more than she did already. Which is a lot. What she doesn't understand though, is why the hell Justin still friends with him. She knows that Bryce has always been there for Justin, always offering a place for him to stay, food to eat and put clothes on his back, but Grace still found it odd how Justin is willingly still speaking to him.

She doesn't blame Justin. But she knows, no doubt that Jessica will when she finds out the full truth. Grace is not naive, Justin should have told the police and Jessica herself about what had happened at the party.

Clay enters her room in a rush and begins to pace around her room, also having heard the tape. "Have you heard Justin's other tape?" He asks frantically, not pausing his actions.

Grace nods numbly, "Yeah."

"We need to do something, help Jessica."

"I know, and we will." She assures and bites her lip nervously, not knowing how Clay is going to react to her next words. "But you need to promise me something before we do."

Clay eyes his sister suspiciously, "What?"

Grace blows out a shaky breath before hesitantly speaking her thoughts, "I need to know that Justin won't get in trouble for this. I promised him and... I don't want him taking the blame for something that wasn't entirely his fault." She pauses and runs a hand through her hair in frustration, "He was scared and he thought that Jessica was better off not knowing."

Clay doesn't answer for a few moments. He's always hated Justin, ever since they were younger. The two have never gotten along and Justin's friends have made his life hell. But looking at his sister's face, one thing is for certain.

"You really care about him." He realises, noticing how Grace's head is down at the revelation.

"I do."

"Alright." He eventually sighs, only going along with it due to his sister's unknown feelings for the Foley boy. "We still need to help Jessica. But right now we need to get to school."

***

Entering the school grounds, Clay and Grace see Justin and Jessica outside of the main building talking with Bryce, Sheri and Zach. Grace shakes her head, not knowing how the others could even stand being anywhere near Bryce Walker.

"Anyone down for a little pick-me-up?" They overhear Jessica ask the group, pulling out a purple water bottle filled with alcohol. Grace and Clay share a worried glance, not knowing why Jess was suddenly out of control but continue watching the scene from afar.