𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚌𝚔

It was hard for Grace to fall asleep that night

It was hard for Grace to fall asleep that night. She tossed and turned for hours, thinking about the boy she thought was in the room across the hall. She felt the need to go to him, but she made sure to compose herself, staying right where she was. After everything the two had been through, she wasn't going to run back in his arms until he apologised.

When she finally did fall asleep, it was time to wake up around an hour later to meet Sheri before school.

After showering and getting ready, she enters Clay's room seeing her brother sitting on his bed and a vacant Justin which makes her heart feel heavy. She didn't think he would actually go through with it and leave.

"Where is he?" Grace questions painfully.

"He's gone." Is all Clay says, moving to wrap his arms around his sister. Grace grasps onto the back of Clay's hoodie tightly, pressing her head into his neck for comfort. Clay rubs small circles on her back, trying his hardest to make her feel slightly better.

They stand like that for a while, consoling each other the best they could before Grace pulls back, giving him a teary eyed smile. "We should get to Monet's. Sheri is probably waiting for us."

Clay nods and the finish getting ready. They then grab their school bags from their rooms before leaving the house to meet Sheri.

Monet's is only a few short streets away from them, making it easier to get there. Grace walks numbly, feeling nothing but the pensive sadness that Justin's absence is causing once again.

The Monet's bell rings loudly, alerting Sheri of the twins' presence. Her smile dims once she sees the far away look on Grace's face.

The two sit down in front of the dark skinned girl and Clay explains Justin's departure.

"Don't worry about it." Sheri says, placing her hand in Grace's small one. "He'll be back. He's sick as hell. He can't go to the city. He's got no money, no car."

"I'm just worried. The last time he left, I didn't see him for five months." Grace mutters, before shaking herself out of her thoughts. "Never mind about that right now, we actually wanted to talk to you about something else."

"What is it?"

"Can we trust you?" Clay speaks up.

"Always." Sheri states and Grace finds herself smiling at how quick her answer was.

Clay nods, breathing out a breath before reaching in his pocket and taking out the polaroid. He hesitates, just for a moment and then places it directly onto the table, showing Sheri.

"Do you have any idea where at school these might have been taken?" Clay asks.

"No," She shakes her head, looking at every detail on the photo. "I don't recognise it." She then looks at the other one, eyes widened. "Is that...?"