𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟸, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙰

When Grace wakes up, she instantly recalls the memory of the day before

When Grace wakes up, she instantly recalls the memory of the day before. She faintly traces her lips with a hint of a smile on her face, remembering the feel of the Foley boy's lips on hers for the one hundredth time. Grace knows that she should stay away from Justin as they were a bad idea completely. They'd be frowned upon by everyone but she simply can't find it in herself to care and stay away from him.

She wonders what today will bring; will the day be good? Or will it be filled with sadness and heartbreak?

She gets up out of her bed reluctantly and begins to get ready for the day. She throws on her close and quickly ties her hair into a side braid before messing it up a little.

She washes her face and teeth, grabbing her bad that's in the corner and leaves the room for another long day of school with her brother.

"You've heard of the butterfly effect, right? That if a butterfly flaps its wings at just the right time in just the right place... it can cause a hurricane thousands of miles away. It's chaos theory. But, see, chaos theory isn't exactly about chaos. It's about how a tiny change in a big system can effect everything. Chaos theory. Sounds dramatic, but it's not. Ask a mathematician. Or better yet, ask someone who's been in a hurricane."

***

Grace and Clay enter the school grounds to see multiple anti-suicide posters around the school. They stop on one that says you are not alone. Grace rolls her eyes, she finds it humorous how the school has to lose a student for them to finally do something about the bullying.

"Wanna help?" Marcus questions them as he catches the two staring at the poster in disapproval.

"Do I wanna help?" Clay stupidly repeats.

Grace looks at him weirdly as it was a straightforward question.

"Do you want to help? Put up posters." Marcus clarifies with a grin on his smug face. Grace can't help but want to wipe it off with the palm of her hand. The last few days she's been feeling way more angry at the world, and rightfully so.

Clay looks like he doesn't know what to say, so Grace steps in for him. "No, thank you, Marcus." She answers politely. She tries to pull her brother away from the boy but they are both pulled back.

"Come on, school spirit, alright? Making a contribution. Giving back."

"Giving back to who?" Clay asks him. Marcus doesn't have a chance to respond because he is interrupted by the sound of loud music. The three look over to see Alex's band playing in the courtyard. "Why are they playing in the courtyard?"

Alex wasn't one of Grace's friends, but they were always polite to each other in the halls. Grace could tell that he was one of the few people that were taking Hannah's death really hard.