𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚍

Today was the day of Clay's testimony at court

Today was the day of Clay's testimony at court. Grace was desperately nervous for him, but Clay was on another level. Five months ago, he thought he'd be done with all of this; Hannah, the tapes, the trial. But that was only the beginning.

Grace smiles when she sees Justin making himself completely at home with her parents, eating breakfast, it was a good sight to see, more like an adorable one. She could definitely get used to this.

"Good morning, Grace." Her mom greets her, Grace recalling the heartfelt conversation with her yesterday.

"Morning mom, dad." She grins, taking a seat next to Justin and kissing his cheek, the adults secretly smiling at each other. "Morning, Foley."

"Morning, babe." Justin replies, his mouth full of pancakes causing her to giggle.

"This is weird." Clay speaks up, just now entering the kitchen, eyeing the four of them sitting with each other at the kitchen table.

Justin looks down momentarily before gesturing to the breakfast. "You should have some pancakes. They're fucking amazing."

Grace snorts as her parent's eyes widen at the foul language. Due to his upbringing, Justin didn't really know any morals or have any rules, so this kind of behaviour was normal to him. It surprises Grace at how polite and kind of a human being he is.

"I'll get you a plate." Matt smiles, standing up.

"Clay, your dad's taking you to court today. Grace will be there with you too." Lainey informs him and takes a sip from her coffee.

Clay finds himself smiling uncomfortably, taking a pancake right from Justin's plate making the boy look up at him. "Great."

"I'm sorry that I won't be there with you."

"It's no problem. I've got this. And you've got alt-Clay here, so..." Clay says, pointing at Justin.

Clay then goes to leave with his pancake, Grace calling after him, "You're being a jerk!"

***

"How was Hannah to you?" Is the first question Clay gets asked by Dennis since sitting down by the podium. Clay's trying is ultimate best, not stuttering on his words like and fool and telling the truth.

"She was faithful. She was always kind to me and cared about what happened to me." Clay lists easily, honestly, it was easy for him to talk positively about Hannah, discarding his anger for what she did to herself. "She never gossiped, or told lies about people."

"And what sort of things did you do together?" Is the second question.

"We had some classes together, we ate lunch together sometimes, and we work together at the Cresmont along with my sister Grace. And we talked, a lot." He answers and Grace could see from where she was sitting that Olivia Baker was smiling fondly at him.