𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟻, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙱

Grace honestly didn't think Hannah was the route of the problem, it was the toxic people around her causing the issues

Grace honestly didn't think Hannah was the route of the problem, it was the toxic people around her causing the issues. People in todays society were way too rude and obnoxious to other people. They spread lies about you, use you, and tear you down until you have nothing left.

Now that Grace has just finished Sheri's tape, she's left feeling angry at the dark skinned girl for doing what she did. A part of her also feels angry at Hannah, knowing that there was more both of the girls could've done to save her friend's life and they didn't.

If she was honest to herself, in the beginning of finding out the heartbreaking news, she thought that Jeff's death was his own fault, that he drunk himself to the point in which he couldn't operate and killed himself in a car crash. But after hearing the tenth tape, that was certainly not the case and she feels immense guilt creeping up on her. Clay would probably feel that too, she realises.

She figures the other tapes she has yet to listen to will be even worse than the ones pervious, but she doesn't understand how that could even be possible. Public humiliation, false rumours, stalking, the attempt to touch without consent, rape. What could possibly be worse than that?

Grace has recently noticed how Sheri isn't as nice as she puts on all the time. She has a side to her that not that many people are able to see.

After listening to Sheri's tape, Clay desperately wanted to talk to her with Grace but couldn't find it in herself to look at her. How could she have possibly been so selfish about getting into trouble with a stop sign that lead to a death of her friend?

***

Grace is absolutely livid at Sheri and wants nothing to do with her. After finding out that she was part of the reason Jeff died, she broke down. Repeatedly. She cried and cried and cried until she couldn't anymore. It was impossible. She feels numb. Jeff was like a big brother to her.

Clay was adamant about speaking to the girl though, confusing his sister greatly. She waits patiently next to him on the bench while he waits for her in a dark hoodie. His hood is up, concealing himself from the world around him since he's still suspended and would get into trouble if he was seen.

Clay is up quickly as Sheri walks passed with two of her friends from cheerleading and straightens himself up, "Sheri." He calls quietly.

As she hears her name being called, she turns around beaming but her smile drops once she realises who called her. She goes to make an excuse to leave, but Clay eventually wins her over.

The both of them leave to talk by the field with reluctance and Grace watches as Justin walks down the steps with Bryce and their other friend. As she has nothing else to do, she walks up to the three of them, ignoring Justin's frantic eyes on her, and turning to Bryce Walker. "Hey, Bryce. She greets before turning to her secret lover. "Justin."

Justin doesn't say anything in return, just gives her an awkward nod in greeting, annoying the girl further at his dismissal while Bryce chuckles as his eyes stray over her figure with a smirk, "Hey, Grace."