𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚍

The excruciating emotional pain Grace felt from the absence of Justin still didn't leave

The excruciating emotional pain Grace felt from the absence of Justin still didn't leave. It had been months since he left but as time when on, the pain only got worse. She expected to feel better, that one day she'd wake up and the hurt wouldn't be there anymore, but that hadn't happened yet and she doubts it ever will. It's crazy how the person who made you the happiest can also make you the saddest.

She hasn't done much with her life in the five months he's been gone. In the day, she spent her time in front of her window, silently waiting and hoping Justin would climb through it like he used to. And at night, she would find herself sobbing into her pillow quietly as the reality set in that he won't be coming back.

She tried to act as normal as she could around her family, but even they knew that she was struggling, only Clay knew what with though.

Speaking of Clay, he was now dating Skye. He's somehow convincing himself that he really liked her but Grace knows the truth. She knows that he's still not over Hannah and is projecting his feelings onto another girl who he thinks he can save. But although Grace hadn't said it, she thinks that Skye is a bad influence on her twin brother. They were either illegally riding around the town on Skye's motorcycle or getting tattoos.

Hannah's trial has also been taken to court. After Olivia and Andy Baker listened to their daughters tapes, they've decided to continue with the trial and honestly, Grace didn't blame them.

Grace was deeply thankful after hearing that Alex survived after his suicide attempt but has yet to see him. Luckily for Alex, he forgot about what had happened to Hannah and the tapes, not many people had that luxury. She also heard that Zach had been helping him out during the summer which surprised her greatly due to him still hanging around with Bryce Walker.

Jessica is still struggling with her situation although she had managed to forgive Grace for all she had done. They hung out one time at the beginning of summer, Grace apologising profusely. They somehow managed to bond. Even though Grace hasn't spoken to her since, she was glad to know that they weren't on bad terms anymore.

Unfortunately for Jess, Bryce twisted the whole story, he said that they hooked up and that it was totally consented. And with him being the most popular boy in the school along with being the baseball and football captain, everyone other than the people on the tapes believe him.

Grace and Clay walk into court together silently as they go to watch Tyler speak. She doesn't know how much information he is going to give out, she just hopes that he doesn't say anything about the tapes. She places herself down on the bench next to her brother and listens to the boy.

"People tell lies about you, and other people believe them." Tyler says nervously, speaking into the microphone. "And it gets to the point where... the lies might as well be the truth."

"And did people tell lies about Hannah Baker?" Dennis, the Baker's lawyer asks him.

"Yes, they did. All the time." He answers honestly and Grace can see Olivia Baker look down in sadness. "And another girl I know, she had something happen to her. She had to leave school for a while. While she was gone, the story got totally twisted."