𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕

The next day, Grace feels apprehensive for the day due to it being Justin's first day back at Liberty High school

The next day, Grace feels apprehensive for the day due to it being Justin's first day back at Liberty High school. It could either go two ways; good or bad. It was almost inevitable that Justin would have to deal with the annoyance that is Bryce walker and his posse. She could tell that Justin was nervous by the way he scoffed his breakfast down his throat that morning. He always eats when he's nervous, she's noticed from watching him throughout the years. It's like he was the opposite of her, which they both liked.

She was the angel and he was the devil.

Walking into the school grounds, Grace keeps a tight grip on Justin's hand, feeling all eyes turn to them, more specifically, him.

She's pulled back when Justin randomly stops, pulling on her hand and she turns to him in question. "This is weird, right?" He asks her, making sure it's not just all in his head.

"It is." She nods assuringly and squeezes his hand. "You'll be okay, though. I believe in you."

Hearing those words come from her mouth lifts his mouth up into a smile. "You're amazing." He compliments, his eyes looking at her in awe.

Grace blushes, placing a hair around her ear bashfully, "So are you." She beams, pressing a kiss to his cheek. She was weary of PDA. Even though she didn't mind it, she refrained from doing more, knowing that it's Justin's first day back in school and he already had so many eyes on him.

They continue their way, meeting Clay at the front of the school, wanting to all walk in together. They open the doors, trying to ignore everyone the best they can.

The three of them are then bombarded with Sheri, the girl instantly interrogating Clay, "Did you not get any of my texts?" She asks him.

"Uh, my ringer must be off." He lies unconvincingly. Just then his phone starts to ring, Sheri looking at him in incredulity.

Clay smiles at her awkwardly and looks at his phone, his eyes widening at the name on the screen. Without further notice, he answers the call happily, "Skye?" He questions, and steps away from them to talk to her.

Sheri shakes her head in disappointment, beginning to acknowledge Justin's and Grace's presence. "Hey, guys. I'd say welcome back, but kind of shitty timing."

Grace squints her eyes at her words, "What do you mean?" She enquires politely.

"I mean about the tapes." She informs the two. Seeing the couple's bewildered expressions, she feels the need to explain. "The tapes are out. Someone posted them online and everyone listened listened all last night."

Grace scoffs angrily, already having a good indication of who posted them. She strolls up to her brother, taking his phone out of his hands while ignoring his protests.

She brings the phone to her ear before speaking into it sweetly, "Hey, Skye. It's Grace. Clay is going to have to call you back because I'm going to strangle him."