𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟺, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙰

"You're going to tell me this one's no big deal

"You're going to tell me this one's no big deal... but let me tell you about being lonely. Humans are social species. We rely on connections to survive. Even the most basic social interactions help keep us alive."

Grace's eyes flutter open from the harsh light and she rubs them to wake herself up properly because of the lack of sleep that she has received. After Justin and her's heavy make out session which sadly didn't progress isn't anything more, he sadly had to leave to go back home and couldn't stay the night.

Replaying yesterday's events in her head causes her to contemplate how today is going to be. Come to think of it, she thought that Sheri would be the last person to be on the tapes. She's always seemed so nice. But maybe it was just an act.

"Statistics prove the subjective feeling of loneliness can increase the likelihood of premature death by twenty six percent. If it sounds like I'm quoting from a school textbook... I am. Too bad nobody bothered to read it. And let me tell you... there's all kinds of ways to feel lonely."

She pulls off her warm covers and steps out of her bed, beginning to chose her outfit for the school day. She decides on a pair of black leggings and a simple blue crop top to go along with her sneakers. She places her outfit on the side, so she can go and take a quick shower.

When she gets in the shower, she does her usual routine: Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and then she shaves. This time, she's too tired to enjoy it and finds herself happier when stepping out of it.

"Well, when the subject of this tape worked it's sneaky magic... that's how I was feeling. And when you're that kind of lonely, you reach for anything... no matter how silly it may seem. Communications class could be supremely silly... as you know. Sometimes the silly things mean more than anyone knows. We all need it. Human contact. And communications class, crazy as it was, was human contact for me. Until someone in that class, cut my lifeline... someone who's known for being really sweet. I'll tell you who it is... but you're gonna have to wait. Just like I did. I'm going to play mind games with you, just like you played with me."

Flashback

Grace is in communications class sitting with Justin. Since their time together at the dance, the two had grown closer. Communications class is the one subject that Grace actually doesn't hate at Liberty high school. Although some jocks make snide comments from time to time, she manages to find peace in the subject.

"I'm sick of it, you know? Just because I don't have her skinny-ass body, doesn't mean I'm fat!" Her classmate exclaims from the front of the class, tears starting to leak from her eyes. Sheri, being a good friend, stands up, walks up to her and pulls her into her arms for comfort.

"Maybe she should try a diet." Pratters speaks up with a shrug causing Grace let out a scoff in disgust. She really hates how boys can't seem to acknowledge girls' everyday struggles. Boys do not have to deal with constantly comparing themselves to others. At least, most don't.