𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔 𝚂𝚕𝚞𝚝

It is now Jessica's day in court and to say that Grace was nervous for her was a huge understatement

It is now Jessica's day in court and to say that Grace was nervous for her was a huge understatement. Everyone is now aware of how harsh and manipulative Liberty's defendant, Sonya, was to the people taking the stand and she doesn't want Jessica's secret to be exposed to the world if she wasn't ready for it to be. Clay was still trying to find out who run him off the road and came to the conclusion that it must have been Bryce, but Grace wasn't so sure. Bryce is not one to get his hands dirty, he more than likely got someone else to do it for him.

She hardly had any sleep last night, too busy with thinking about Justin; how is he? Where is he? What is he doing? Does he ever think of her like she does him? Although, all of her questions continue to be unanswered.

Grace walks into the cafeteria and catches Jess sitting with Alex so she takes a seat next to the two. She notices Jess holding up a sheet of paper with a threatening note on it, reading "better luck next time" with a shooting target, clearly meant for Alex, making her start to tremble.

"Do you have any idea who that's from?" She asks her, eyebrows pulling together in frustration.

"No," Jess shakes her head, "It's just a lot."

"I know." Alex agrees before his eyes squint up in realisation. "Wait, your hair is different."

"Well done, genius." Grace comments, softly nudging her friends arm jokingly.

"It's court hair." Jess explains, tucking a piece behind her ear self consciously.

"I don't like it." Alex then says, causing the Jensen girl to slap the back of his head making him quietly cry out in slight pain.

"Noted." Jess says, offended.

"Well that was rude." Grace remarks awkwardly.

Suddenly, Jessica's eyes widen a fraction, seeing Clay walk over to their table, seeing the cuts on his face. "What the hell happened to your face?"

"Someone ran me off the road last night." Clay informs the two. "Someone in what looked like a black Range Rover."

When he says this, all accusations go to Bryce, Grace shaking her head at the possibility. She doesn't think that Bryce would willingly cause any more drama since he's been accused of rape, he was more likely to keep it on the down low, making Grace think that it was possibly one of his friends instead.

"But you're not testifying." Jess mentions.

"It doesn't matter, whoever it is, they're coming after all of us." Alex speaks up. Noticing Grace tremble slightly, he gives his friend a comforting smile. He then slides the piece of paper over to Clay with his functioning hand, "This came in the mail for me yesterday."

Clay hesitantly opens it and he curses, "Jesus. We have to fucking stop it."

"And how are we going to do that, Clay? If we interfere, it'll be more dangerous for us all." Grace reasons, placing a hand on his arm. "You also already promised mom that you would stay away from Bryce."