𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐

Grace was unsure about going to court again today because Courtney was speaking and she didn't know how it was going to go

Grace was unsure about going to court again today because Courtney was speaking and she didn't know how it was going to go. Courtney, in her mind, was just fake and a liar. She did what she had to do to protect herself and her reputation and that is why Grace has never gotten along with the girl. She doesn't like people that throw others under the bus just for their own benefit. Clay said that he definitely wasn't going to court, choosing to go to school and then hanging out with his girlfriend instead.

Grace paces outside of the courtroom before inevitably walking in and sitting in the same spot she did the day before, nerves in the pit of her stomach.

"I spread a rumour about Hannah and I'm not proud of it." Courtney admits and Grace was honestly surprised that she actually told the truth for once.

"And what happened after you spread that rumour?" Dennis questions her softly.

"Boys asked me and Hannah to have sex with them." She replies, with a roll of her eyes. "Or they got physical. And they were aggressive. And I couldn't handle it. This was just a meaningless kiss. All right? Girls do it all the time."

"And what to your direct knowledge did the school do in response to Hannah being sexually harassed? Or the fact that a lewd photo of two students was being shared on campus?"

"Nothing." Courtney quietly responds.

Dennis then raises his hands up, his point proven. "The school did nothing." He repeats and walks back to his chair, sitting down.

Grace refrains from rolling her eyes as Sonya stands up proudly, "What was your relationship with Hannah?" She questions first.

"We just shared a class together. We weren't really friends." Courtney answers.

"But she didn't confide in anyone else about her fears, correct?"

"I don't think so."

"So, finding no help from home, she enlists you. Mom can't help, but you can?" Sonya continues. Grace sees Olivia look at a blonde woman, brokenly and Grace wishes she can comfort the woman. "Why you?"

"I don't know. But like I said, I was there. And she was always nice to me." She says easily.

"Too nice." Grace thinks with a scoff. Courtney didn't deserve Hannah's kindness. No one at that school did. Her kindness was taken advantage of, and Grace wishes everyday that she can rewind time so she could help her instead of being unaware, which she was at the time.

"Nice to you." Sonya nods at her words, grabbing a piece of paper and placing it in front of the girl. "Defence Exhibit C, Your Honor, as stipulated. Uh, I'm curious, Courtney, was Hannah just being nice to you there, too? Describe what you see please."

"There's, um... more of Tyler's photos of Hannah and me, from that night." She trails off nervously.

"Now, you said before that it was just a meaningless kiss, correct?" She asks, at Courtney's nod, she continues, "So, now how could it be meaningless if there's more than one? Or is that not a picture of Hannah kissing you back?"