𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝟺, 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙱

"Some girls know all the lyrics to each others songs

"Some girls know all the lyrics to each others songs. They find harmonies in their laughter. Their linked elbows echo in tune. What if I can't hum on key? What if my melodies are the ones nobody hears?"

Grace chews on her white painted fingertips as she waits anxiously for Clay outside of Mr. Porter's office. She has no idea what has gotten into him. One minute he's acting fine, and then next, he's acting out. She can't keep up with him.

She wants to be there for her brother, but he is being secretive with his emotions and problems, making it difficult for Grace to understand. She also knows that Tony is only looking out for them, even if he's doing it in a secret way. She has many questions that he needed to answer, but she knows in her heart that he's one of the good guys.

Clay storms out of Mr. Porter's office and stops when he notices his sister waiting. He didn't mean to shove her aggressively fifteen minutes prior, but he was too fired up and angry to do anything other than release his anger out.

"What did Mr. Porter say?" Grace asks, breaking the silence. She doesn't want to dwell on the past., she just wants to know if he was okay and that he will not be punished severely.

"That he thinks I'm lonely and I'm acting out." He replies casually, continuing to walk. "And that he's not even going to punish me."

"That's a good thing, isn't it?"

"No, because people need to start taking some fucking responsibility." He unintentionally snaps before sighing, seeing her shocked look, "Sorry."

"I hate to say this, but I think mom is right. You need to start talking to someone about how you're feeling. It doesn't have to be Dr. Ellman. Just anyone." Grace advises kindly. Through everything, she just wants her brother to be okay.

"I'm sorry for shoving you earlier. I didn't mean to, I just got so angry." He apologises.

"It's okay, Clay." She assures him with a smile before chuckling, "But do it again and I'll knock your teeth out."

This causes a small smile to erupt on Clay's face, "Got it."

"It all started because I was feeling lost. I needed direction. Any direction. Dream big, they say. Shoot for the stars. Then they lock us away for twelve years and tell us where to sit, when to pee and what to think. Then we turn eighteen, and even though we've never had an original thought, we have to make the most important decision of our lives. And you don't have the money and don't really have the grades, a lot of the decision gets made for you."

Clay and Grace exit the school building but the former groans when he sees Tony waiting for them, standing in front of his perfect red car. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Both of you get in the car." Tony instructs strictly. "I have something I have to show you."

Grace doesn't put up a fight and gets into the backseat of the car silently. Clay, on the other hand, stays in his spot, stubbornly, not moving a single muscle. "Tell us how you know what you know. Tell me what I did to Hannah."