Bonus Chapter #1: Where's Eight?

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

BONUS CHAPTER #1: WHERE'S EIGHT?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

A woman in her 30s arrived at the collapsing Academy. She was bewildered by what she was seeing. "How the hell am I suppose to get in there and leave?" She asked.

She immediately entered the crumbling house and was careful not to be seen. The woman ran upstairs and looked at each room in a hurry. 'Where are you?' She finally found a room and saw you lying unconscious on your bed. 'The building is collapsing and she's still asleep.'

"(Y/n)!" The woman heard someone calling for her target. She picked you up and quickly escaped, not waiting for the person who shouted to find you.

Klaus and Diego passed by your room. "Where is she?" Klaus asked frantically. "Baby sis! Where are you?"

Diego saw the ceiling of your room collapsing and quickly pulled Klaus away. "Come on, let's go! She's probably out of the Academy!"

The woman has time-traveled and found herself in a different place and time. She looked down in your arms and you were still unconscious. 'Okay, Lila. Let's get this mission over.'

Lila saw a glimpse of a newspaper laying on the ground. 'August 28, 1963.' She read in her thoughts. She shook her head and laid you by the alley. She pulled out her gun and pointed it at you. 'No hard feelings, Number Eight.'

She was about to pull the trigger but she stopped. Lila sighed and set her gun down. 'I can't.' She said in her thoughts. 'I'll just leave her here. Surely she can't survive on her own here in Dallas.'

Lila picked up her briefcase and disappeared when she used it. The sound of the briefcase being used was heard by a man from a building near the alley.

°•○●○•°

Five saw the Academy in ruins with a newspaper in hand. He was just on his way to the Academy from the mall until he saw this. "Guys!" He called out, running to the ruins to see his siblings well and alive. "This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today."

"I thought you said it was over," Luther said in disbelief.

"I was wrong, okay?" Five showed the newspaper he has in his hand. "This newspaper, I found it in the future the day I got stuck. The headline hasn't changed."

"No, that doesn't mean anything." Diego shook his head. "The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning."

"You're not listening to me. When I found it, I assumed this place came down along with everything else. But here we are. The Moon's still shining, the Earth is in one place, but not the Academy."

Klaus immediately stole the newspaper from Five's grasp. "I'm confused."

"Then listen to me, you idiot! Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse. Vanya is the bomb. Vanya causes the apoca-" Five completely paused when he finally realized something with his siblings. "Where's Eight?"

The Hargreeves looked at each other before looking everywhere. Five's heart started beating fast as he clenched his jaw, his clenched fists shaking. "Where is (Y/n)?"

Klaus broke into tears while Diego deeply sighed. "When the Academy was collapsing, we couldn't find her everywhere. We thought she escaped but she was nowhere to be found."

"She's dead, Five," Luther confessed, looking down.

Five's eyes widened. "Did you even check for her body?" He questioned.

"The rocks and debris were too big and many," Luther replied. "Pogo's body was crushed that we couldn't even recognize him anymore and..."

Five immediately grabbed Luther's coat, bringing him down, and glared at him. "She could've escaped unless something happened to her."

Diego and Allison turned to Luther, also glaring at him while Klaus wiped his tears. Allison crossed her arms and Diego held his head high. "Yeah, Luther. Something must have happened to (Y/n)."

Luther glanced at Diego before looking back at Five. "She... was becoming unhinged. I had to knock her out, Five."

Five immediately released Luther from his grasp and walked around the ruins. He grabbed his hair in frustration. Luther reached his hand out to his brother. "Five, I didn't want to do it. I'm sorr—"

Five jumped and quickly threw a rough punch at Luther's face. Luther stumbled a bit and placed his hand on his cheek. Five landed on the ground and panted heavily. "You idiot!" Five exclaimed in anger. "I'm gonna kill you!"

Allison quickly went in front of Five and placed her hands on his shoulders, calming him down while Diego stood between Luther and Five. "Enough! We still have an apocalypse to prioritize. I'm sure (Y/n) would want us to stop it and she wouldn't want us to fight."

Five inhaled sharply, still glaring at Luther. He fixed his blazer and pointed his finger to his brother. "After this is done, I'll make you pay for what you've done. Got it, Luther?" He threatened.

-•-°-•-°-☆

I made a bonus chapter since most of you were confused with the ending but this is all your getting. I'm not gonna write the scenes where The Umbrella Academy fights Vanya since what's the point of writing that if (Y/n) isn't even there. Some of you are even messaging me and asking me where are the rest of the chapters.

The ending is a cliffhanger. What happened to (Y/n) was going to be revealed in book 2. But since most of you are eager to know and maybe some of you don't want to read book 2, then here's a chapter for you.

I apologize if this is short. I made this in a hurry since this book is entering The Wattys 2021.