Chapter Twelve: You're In Love, Five

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU'RE IN LOVE, FIVE

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You slumped back at the backseat of the car, crossing your arms as Five removed his seatbelt. Luther has a briefcase beside him, holding it protectively. The briefcase was a fake one, which made it look like the briefcase that Hazel and Cha-Cha have. Five told you that the briefcase helped them to travel time with their missions. With their briefcase gone, they can never come back.

"You know, I never enjoyed it." Five suddenly spoke. You and Luther looked at Five confusingly. "What?" Luther asked.

"The killing."

"No one enjoys killings..." You blurted out. "Except for serial killers."

Five sighed. "I-I was good... at my work, and I... took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure."

You leaned your head against the seat where Luther sits as you stared at Five. Five glanced at you before looking away. "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

Luther seemed affected but disregard whatever he was thinking about. "Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time."

"Gone for too long..." You leaned away from the chair and leaned your back against your seat, looking at the window. "It felt like a century..."

Five turned to you but you were looking away from him. "I missed you, Eight. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. I really did missed you. In every minute, all I could think is how you were doing."

"Terribly." You clutched the hem of your skirt. "I was doing terribly. And now it got so much worse." You looked back to Five and fake a smile. "But I'll do just fine. The apocalypse is the number one priority right now, right?"

You looked away from Five and saw a car approaching. "Is that... them?"

Luther and Five turned to see the car. "Yeah." Five nodded. The three of you got out of the car and watched the car passed by to park. You leaned against the car while Five turned to Luther. "If this all goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores I'm sorry."

'Why do I feel like Delores would just be laughing if this plan fails because she's always right?'

You and Luther waited as Five approached the two people wearing masks. You noticed the lady's mask. One ear from her dog mask was removed. You wondered what happened. Luther and you didn't really hear their conversation but you saw them take off their masks.

'Oh... so that's what they look like...'

As they talk, you were getting impatient. Your eyes widened to see the Cha-Cha lady pulling out her gun to Five. They continued to talk until suddenly, you heard voices.

'I can't believe I'm listening to this old man in a body of a schoolboy.'

It was the lady's voice. Or thoughts. You blinked in confusion.

'Come on, Cha-Cha. Don't be stupid. Lower the gun and call her!'

You heard the big man said in his head. You looked at Five and tried to read what's on his mind but it was blank. Maybe you were just hallucinating? Maybe it was all delusions? You couldn't really tell anymore.

"What happens now?" Luther asked Five who you didn't realize was back already. You saw the lady called someone on a nearby payphone. "Now we wait." You were gonna tell Five about what happened until you heard an ice cream truck coming because of the chiming.