Chapter Sixteen: I'm Sorry

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: I'M SORRY

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

The next morning, Five was the first one to wake up. His eyes opened and looked side to side to recognize where he was. Five recalled the moments of the events yesterday that ended up him being here back in the Academy. 'Oh yeah. The shrapnel wound.' Five sat up and looked down to see you still asleep. 'I can't believe it. She really stayed.'

He wanted to not disturb you in your sleep and just walk away but he knew you will panic if you wake up to find him nowhere to be found. So, he waited for you to wake up while softly ruffling your hair as you sleep.

"Morning." You mumbled.

Five stared back at you as you lifted your head up and lazily rubbed your eyes. "Had a good rest?"

"I was gonna ask you that."

"Oh, well, I asked first and you next. Feeling a little bit better?"

Five nodded a bit with a shrug. "I don't know what you guys are all worried about. I'm fine."

"Didn't look like you were fine, considering you were carried by Allison and Diego here."

"I could've walked by my own or spatial jumped."

"Yeah, sure, as if you can do that on your own when you literally fell and even brought me down with you."

Five scratched his nape as you stood up, putting the chair back in its original position. "So, uh, how is your sleep last night?"

"Barely even slept." You sighed, rubbing your temples. "I started having these dreams... but it's fine."

"Dreams? What kind of dreams? Bad ones or good ones?"

"Based on what I said, it's obvious that some are bad. Did you hit your head or something? I think I'm not talking to the real Five."

"What kind of bad dreams?" Five ignored your comment about him being stupid. You shrugged as you stood beside his bed, crossed your arms. "I murdered some people with my powers with dad's voice ringing in my head."

"What was he saying?"

"That my powers are dangerous. You know, the usual. If my powers are dangerous, he should've trained me more or assured me that he could help me but, nope! Just locked me up sometimes in a cell or room of some sort."

Five's eyebrows furrowed. "He was a bastard."

You realized what you said and suddenly became confuse. "Wait. Did I just said that? Was I really locked up sometimes? I actually don't know. It's probably just on my dream. Reality and dreams can be confusing, honestly."

"Y-Yeah... you don't remember?"

You frowned. "My brain's fucked up. I always forget things."

Five leaned back up, tapping your arm when he saw you spacing out. "I'm sorry."

You blinked twice before looking back down at the little psycho. "Sorry for what?"

"Being ignorant."

"And arrogant, and proud, and—"

"Okay, okay, I get the point. I'm sorry for ignoring your feelings. Your feelings matter to me as much as I want to save our family from this apocalypse."