Deleted Scene #3: Where's Vanya?

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

DELETED SCENE #3: WHERE'S VANYA?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Your eyes opened in an instant and immediately sat up. You looked around to find out where you are. 'I'm back at the Academy?' A sudden pain erupted in your head earning a hiss from you. 'Ugh. What did that Jenkins guy hit me? A baseball bat? Geez...' You looked down at your arm to see it bandaged. "Vanya."

You jumped out of your bed and walked out of the room to find your family, tying your hair into a ponytail. "Guys?" You went to the living room to find Diego on the floor and Five drinking margarita with Delores on the counter. "Uhh... what happened?"

Five looked up from the floor to see you and immediately placed down his glass. "Eight!" He hopped down from his seat and spatial jumped in front of you. You jumped in surprise as he appeared in front of you and gave you a sudden hug. "You're awake, thank heavens."

"Yeah, I'm awake. Did something happen? Why is Diego on the floor?"

Five pulled away from the hug and stared down at Diego as he stuffed his hands in his schoolboy shorts' pockets. "Hazel came to talk to me and Diego attacked him. They bought fought until Diego started fighting dirty."

"Using knives?"

"No. Biting. I draw the line when it comes to biting."

"So stabbing is okay but biting isn't?"

Five shrugged. "Biting is nasty for me, alright? How's your head?"

You rubbed your head, slightly wincing. "Good, I think? That Jenkins monster really hit my head hard. When I see him again, I'll fuckin' throw a building at the fucker."

Five rolled his eyes as he went back to his seat and grabbed his margarita. "You can rest your revenge on the man because he's dead."

You blinked in confusion. "He's what?"

"Found him this morning, dead, a lot of kitchen utensils on his stomach and chest. Didn't make sense on who killed him but..." Five shrugged. "Anyway, remember anything that happened in that cabin? We can all have the time now because the apocalypse is officially no more."

"Where's Vanya?" You asked, ignoring Five's question. "Did you found her? She must be in danger and—"

"We didn't find her but we're pretty sure she's safe and sound."

You quickly turned, ready to leave. "I'm leaving.

Five spatial jumped right in front of you, blocking your way. "Woah, woah, woah, there. Take it easy. Why are you so worried? The apocalypse is gone."

"It's not gonna hurt anyone if I check on my sister, Five."

Five observed you. You were getting impatient and worried... and hesitating. Hesitating to say something. "What's wrong, Eight. Tell me, now."

You were about to say something until you gave up. "All right! I met Allison when we both ended up in the cabin where Vanya and Jenkins were staying. Then we kinda got into an argument and Vanya won't listen. Allison tried to rumor her but ended up... slicing her throat."

"Wait... how? And it's Vanya who did that? I thought it was—"

"It wasn't Harold Jenkins who hurt Allison. It was Vanya but she didn't mean to do it."

"Why? How? Vanya could never do that."

"Five, Vanya has powers."

Five froze, his jaw clenching as he swallowed. "What?"

"Vanya... has powers. And she was so stressed finding out the truth about her powers and the reason she couldn't remember having powers. It was too much and she accidentally cut Allison's throat in anger."

"Then it's a possibility that Vanya killed Harold Jenkins." Five predicted, nodding. "Yeah, we gotta find her."

"What about Diego?"

"Diego's a man, he can take care of himself. Let's go."

-•-°-•-°-☆

Originally a scene in Chapter Nineteen: Tomorrow Sounds Good.

Thank you for reading my book! Finally, I finished a book again and not discontinuing it. I really thought I was gonna discontinue it but here we are, in the end. I will post the second book soon so please wait :)