Chapter Seventeen: You Rumored Me

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: YOU RUMORED ME

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You stood by the table as you watched your siblings exited the kitchen. First, it was Luther, Five, and then Klaus (possibly with Ben). Pogo sighed and turned to leave but you stopped him. "Pogo."

"Yes, Miss (Y/n)?"

"I know sorry isn't enough for what I did to you days ago. I almost killed you and I'm sor—"

"You were emotional. Emotions are connected to your powers, Miss (Y/n). I understand."

"Okay, so... um, since we're kinda cool, I need you to be completely honest with me." You motioned your hand to signal Pogo to sit down. Pogo softly nodded and sat on the chair. "Do I have telepathy?"

"Your father wasn't sure if you were able to read minds but since you just asked that question, yes. You do have telepathy."

"So I can control who I can read minds or not, right? Or do I have no control over it?"

Pogo stared down at the table, trying to remember what the older Hargreeves told him. "I believe that your father told me that you do have control to pick who you want to hear."

You sighed in relief as you sat down too. "Okay, good, because I don't want hearing people at the same time in my mind especially perverts. Can I also talk to them in their mind?"

"I'm not sure."

"Alrighty. Next, why do I remember some small fragments like some sort of memory that I don't remember?"

To your surprise, Pogo stiffened. He was surprised by your question. This was the first time you see Pogo looking stressed and surprised. He was unsure. "What memories?"

"That... I've hurt people. Those memories visit my dreams too."

Pogo deeply sighed, adjusting his old glasses. "Miss (Y/n)..."

"Pogo, you have to tell me. No more secrets. I can't tak—"

"I heard a rumor... you forgot you killed those men."

"I heard a rumor that you think you never joined this last mission and you were in your room resting."

"Miss (Y/n)?"

Your eyes widened as your brain started hurting. "Oh my God..." You whispered.

"You rumored me?"

"No, (Y/n)! Listen!"

"How dare you!

"(Y/n), I promise I didn't want to do it."

"Why'd you listen to dad then if you didn't want to do it?!"

"I was a child, (Y/n)! We were all kids! Scared and alone!"

"I can't believe this."