Chapter Eleven: My Whole Life Was Wasted

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER ELEVEN: MY WHOLE LIFE WAS WASTED

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"Ayeee, you're back!" Jeanie squealed, hugging your small form. "Right on time. Your footages just arrived a few minutes ago."

Jeanie watched you entered the house and quickly opening the boxes to reveal the footages you were asking for you. It was all on CDs. You took Jeanie's laptop and inserted the CDs, quickly looking for the dates from the days before you disappeared from this apartment.

You played a video and watched closely with Jeanie, standing behind you, watching it too. You ask for the footages near the areas of the apartment building including the security footages inside the building itself.

The footage showed someone covering their face and almost half of their body with their big black umbrella. With that umbrella, you already knew who that was. 'Dad? Why was he here?'

"Got a clue who that is?" Jeanie asked which you shrugged in response. "I think so..."

You checked the other footage and found all of them have the same person shown in every footage in different places. 'Dad's... spying on me...?'

Then you took out the last CD and plugged it in. 'Please... don't let it be what I think it's gonna be...' The video opened up on the screen and it played. Your eyes widened as you watched the whole footage. Your eyes couldn't believe what you were seeing: your father abducting you while you were asleep and drunk, without Jeanie noticing too because she was also passed out. Jeanie gasped and held your hands, comforting you. "Oh, my God. (Y/n)..."

"He kidnapped me..."

She noticed how your hands formed into fists and were shaking in anger. Jeanie stepped back for a moment to see what was happening to you. Your eyes glowing dark red in anger, two mist-like shapes were formed in your hands. "I'm gonna go talk to Pogo. Keep the footage, bring it back to the owners, or destroy it."

"(Y/n)..."

You looked back at your roommate, your friend, and your eyes turned back to normal, filling in tears. You ran towards her and hugged her tight while she hugged you back. "If I don't come back, or if the world will end, remember that you're the best roommate that I have ever had."

"Same goes to you too, (Y/n)." Jeanie choked out a sob so suddenly as she hugged you tighter. "Whatever you're going to do, I hope it's not stupid."

You pulled away from the hug and smiled. "I'll be fine. I'll miss you, Jeanie." You waved goodbye to her and ran off, heading back to the Academy.

Jeanie was left at the apartment, leaning her lower back against the table where her laptop is sitting. She sighed sadly. "Please be okay..."

You kicked the doors opened and saw Pogo walking calmly on the second floor. You used your powers to make yourself fly and stood in front of Pogo which scared the old monkey. "Hey."

"Miss (Y/n)."

You took his neck with your hands, lifting him up with the help of your powers, your eyes glowing dark red in anger, threatening Pogo to drop him on the first floor. "Dear ol' dad kidnapped me. Why?"

"Miss (Y/n)..." Pogo struggled from your grasp.

"Why did he kidnapped me, Pogo?" You asked again, gritting your teeth in annoyance and getting impatient.