Chapter Nine: Give Me A Day Or Two

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER NINE: GIVE ME A DAY OR TWO

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"So, who were those people?" You asked Allison who was wiping the blood from Vanya's head while you play with your powers forming a small ball, playing it with your fingers. "I just like what left for a few hours and all hell breaks loose?"

"We don't know but we are lucky to be alive." Allison sat down on the opposite side of Vanya. "Are you sure you're okay?" Vanya nodded wordlessly as she took the red cloth from Allison and wiped her own blood.

You and Allison turned when Diego came back. He checked Grace to see if she was okay but when he came back, he was breathing shakily. "Diego?" You questioned.

Diego stopped in his tracks to look at you and Allison then turned to Vanya. "What are you still doing here?"

"I'm just trying to help."

"No, you could've been killed. Or gotten any of us killed."

"Diego." You told him with a warning hinting in your voice. Diego turned to you and Allison. "She is a liability."

"Stop it, Diego." You scolded. Diego huffed and turned away while Vanya looked at Allison. "Allison?"

Allison turned to Vanya before looking down, sighing. "I think what he's trying to say is that this kind of stuff is dangerous. You're just—"

"Not like you." Vanya finished the sentence for Allison. Seeing Allison was unable to defend her point, Vanya scoffed before standing up and turning to leave.

"No, that's not what I— Vanya, wait."

"Let her go. It's for the best." Diego said.

You rolled your eyes when Allison did stop chasing after Vanya so you, instead chased after her. "Vanya!"

"(Y/n)!" Diego and Allison called out.

"Vanya." You reached for her arm only for her to swat your arm away. "(Y/n), I love you. I really, really do. And I appreciate the things you've done for me and-and for protecting me, defending me. But not even your defense or pleas will help them realize I matter too, that maybe I CAN help."

"Vanya..."

Vanya smiled sadly and hugged you. "I just need space for now. From our family. But thank you, (Y/n)."

And after that hug, she left the Academy. You sighed and ran your fingers through your hair, a small habit of yours when you feel stressed or sad.

Then a hand was placed on your shoulder. You quickly turned around to see Allison with Diego behind her. "(Y/n), I—"

"She is not a fucking liability." You started walking away but Diego stopped you. "She's ordinary, (Y/n). She's nothing like us."

You scoffed and quickly removed his hand. "She's just like us, Diego. You just don't fucking see it. And whether you like it or not, she's our sister and family."

You walked away and went upstairs, thinking about sleeping at the Academy tonight. You can't back to your old apartment knowing that there's still the old woman around trying to kill your and maybe your grandfather.

Once you reached upstairs, you stopped immediately in your tracks and saw Grace no longer moving. You quickly went to her and cupped her face. "Oh, Mom..." Sure Grace was a robot but she took care of you, fed you, even sang lullabies to you. And now... she's gone.