Chapter Seven: You Can't Protect Everyone Everyday

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER SEVEN: YOU CAN'T PROTECT EVERYONE EVERYDAY

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You looked up at the mall that Five just entered minutes ago. "Now why the hell would he go here?" You asked before entering the mall. You didn't know how you were able to track down Five but here you are, trying to find out whatever he's doing.

You saw the doors were locked. "Of-fucking-course." You used your powers to open the doors quietly to not attract the guards if there even is one inside the mall.

It felt like you were missing something. It felt like you've been in a place like this before but you couldn't remember what happened here that you have forgotten.

Seeing no guards were around, you continued to find Five until you found someone looking for something with their flashlight on. "One guard? Maybe I can take him down." You whispered before sneaking behind the person. The man was short so you were confused. 'Huh.'

The person stopped, staring at something. Staring at the mannequins to be exact. 'This guard probably likes mannequins.' You jumped out from your hiding spot and use your powers to hold the man using your powers.

Then you observed his outfit. It wasn't a guard's uniform. Schoolboy shorts? You facepalmed mentally and dropped him, sighing. "Sorry. I thought you were a guard."

Five turned around and flashed the light from his flashlight right in you causing you to shield your eyes from the light. "You almost killed me, idiot."

"I said I was sorry! And put that down before I really kill you."

Five rolled his eyes before putting his flashlight down. "You really want danger, do ya?"

"We're practically living in danger. Our lives have been in danger ever since the 'great' Reginald Hargreeves adopted us." You stood beside him and looked up at the mannequins with him. "What's up with the mannequins? I caught you staring at them."

"Just one."

"Okay, fine, one. Just answer the question."

"It's Delores."

You furrowed your eyebrows in complete confusion before looking around. "I don't see any other people here. Where is she?"

"I'm looking right at her."

You followed where he was looking and gasped in disbelief. "Oh, my fucking gosh. Delores is a mannequin?"

Five ignored you as he stepped closer to the mannequin. "It's good to see you." He told the mannequin. You were staring at him in disbelief with your mouth hung open. 'I can't believe I got jealous, just a bit, to a fucking mannequin.'

"I've missed you... obviously." Five whispered softly as he stared at the mannequin causing you to scoff a bit. 'And not even once did he ever say he missed me ever since he came back. Bitch'

"Well, I... it's been a rough couple of days."

You looked behind the mannequins and saw two figures wearing big-ass masks. "What the hell?" You whispered.

They brought out their guns and Five finally found them. "No!" Five brought you down on the ground to dodge the bullets. "What the hell?!" You shouted at Five. "Oh, shit! It's them."