Chapter Thirteen: Why Do You Call Her By Her Number?

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: WHY DO YOU CALL HER BY HER NUMBER?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You looked up at your grandfather's house, feeling like you wanted to memorize what it looks like before the world ends. You opened the door which was surprising because your grandfather always locks the door. You quickly ran inside the looked for him. "Papa?" You called out as you looked into every room.

"Shit, shit, shit!" You ran upstairs and looked for him everywhere. Nowhere to be found nor seen but you suddenly heard his voice from downstairs. "Who's there?"

You quickly ran downstairs and saw your grandfather with a gun on his hand. "Papa!" Seeing him made you gasp in relief and ran towards him. A little bit of fear came to your mind and heart when you couldn't find him. You thought he was dead by the old woman who almost attacked you.

You gave him a big hug as the old man sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God. It's just you..." he hugged you back as you felt the heavy gun behind you. "Why are you here?"

Nico has his gun because he heard someone entered his house but he didn't know it was you. He sometimes forgets about locking the door. Being old sucks for him sometimes.

You hugged him tighter and finally broke down into tears, sobbing into his shirt. Your grandfather panicked and knelt down, putting down the gun, and wiped your tears. "Hey, hey, hey. Why are you crying? Some no-good son of bitch made you cry?"

"I... I finally knew what happened to me..."

Nico saw the pain in your eyes looked. He could tell that you were hiding your feelings for so long that it started building up until it burst into tears. Whatever happened to you sure did upset Nico but he also wanted to kill whoever did this to you.

"Tell me what happened, pumpkin."

You wiped your tears and inhaled sharply. "Dad kidnapped me. Experimented on me but his experiment failed to turn my body into 15 and froze me because the experiment made my powers stronger. Pogo said that dad will never let me out until the day he died."

"Oh, that son of a bitch deserved his death." Your grandfather hissed as he pushed your hair back. "If he were still alive, I would've killed him."

He knew a long time ago that Reginald looked like an asshole. Inside and out. He was distraught by the idea of the other mothers giving their babies to a man they don't even really know. Nico wished he forced his daughter to let you stay with him so he could've raised you. Better than Reginald. Sure, Nico can't really train you with your powers but he won't abuse you nor will he cold towards you.

He will give you love and support day and night.

You gasped for air as you clutched your chest. Nico was alerted and held you tightly. "Hey, hey, hey. Breathe deeply. You're losing air from this crying. You're hyperventilating. Come on, breathe with me."

You followed him as you breathe deeply and slowly, tears were still endlessly flowing down. Finally, your breathing went back to normal. You sighed heavily and wiped the remaining tears you have on your face. "My life... it was wasted... just because of his stupid experimentation... his selfishness... and then there's these... memories that I keep on remembering..."

You and Nico stood up and he ruffled his hands with your hair. He grabbed his gun and turned to you. "Come on. I'll make you some tea."

"I don't drink tea." You shyly smiled and chuckled. "I... uh, drink coffee."