Chapter 17: At last

Raven Silver

Revenge

"This is hilarious."

"Should we wake them up?"

"They are so adorable, but she's going to bust your ass Stark."

"This is already trending on Instagram and Twitter."

I stirred due to the voices that had rudely disturbed the little sleep I had gotten. I cracked one eye open to see Steve had fallen asleep with me last night. My face was buried in his chest, his chin resting on the top of my head, his large arms holding me to him, our legs tangled together and my hands wrapped around his torso.

I thought of how right it felt but it was quickly shoved from my train of thought as I sensed it wasn't just Steve and I. "Is she awake?" asked a voice that sounded an awful lot like Tony.

I groaned, burying myself deeper into Steve. "Can't a woman get a moment I peace around here?" My mumbles stirred Steve. His eyes opened slowly, clearly wanting to go back to sleep he hid his face in my shoulder while he questioned "Should I even ask why we have an audience?"

I shake my head, sighing into his shirt "I didn't." There were chuckles above us as we ignored them. "You two are so cute." It was Natasha who said it. I realized we were still on the floor from last night. "Shut up Romanoff." I grumble, irritated. "Oh look," Tony started. "even the First Lady ships you two."

Steve sighed, sitting up as I hid my face into a jacket that had been left on the floor. "Care to explain why exactly she 'ships' us Stark?" Tony replied casually, as if it wasn't a big deal "I posted a picture of you two all cuddled up on Instagram and Twitter. Here are just a few lovely comments. The First Lady says 'That is adorable! #supercuddles'. This one is from Jennifer Lawrence 'Oh my God! Never thought I'd see Captain America look like a teddy bear! So cute! #supercuddles'. Huh and Ellen Degeneres says 'Gotta love this guy. Saves the world by day, cuddles up with sweetheart at night. Love to have both of you guys on the show. #supercuddles'."

I could sense Steve was pissed, but frankly I was to tired to pitch into the conversation about something I didn't understand. "You posted that for the world to see when Hydra wants Raven back in captivity? What the hell is wrong with you Stark?!" Steve demanded.

But he couldn't stop there. Tony just had to come back with a witty remark. "I believe I just got you and little miss sunshine there on the Ellen show when this is all over. You should be thanking me." Steve stood up, as I slowly sat up to look at them. "You jeopardized everything for a laugh."

I put my arms over my face as I stated groggily "Hydra can kiss my ass." Steve chuckled, turning to Tony "Well there you have it I guess." I roll over onto my stomach and add "Thank you all for dropping in. But it would be very much appreciated if you left. I may have been on ice for decades but I haven't slept in over a month. So it would be wise for any unwanted personal to vacate the premises."

Steve chuckled, probably guiding the others out "You heard the lady." I sighed when I heard the door close. Sleep at last.