Chapter 19: Honesty

Raven Silver

Revenge

"Damn it Fury!!!" I shout, anger coursing through my veins. "How the hell are we supposed to stop Hydra when you don't let me do anything but train?"

Fury sat casually in the conference room, clearly having a plan for dealing with me in the company of The Avengers. "We can get started on that when you become honest with us Miss Revenge." He's onto me. Shit. Hell. Fu- my thoughts were cut short by Rogers stating "Ironic you're telling her this sir." I didn't want him standing up for me in any way. "Can it Rogers."

I pointed a finger at Fury, my voice low and dangerous. "I agreed to be your ally. Then you made me join your godforsaken team and reveal my identity. I believe I have complied more than graciously."

Fury handled himself well, better than I expected. "Then do enlighten me Miss Silver, if that is your real name." My throat went dry but I showed no sign of it. Pounding my fist on the table I shout "You haven't let me in the outside world in the past two months I've been here and that time has been wasted because you're worried about damn protocols and my name! I already gave you everything you needed!"

Fury stands, his hands folded behind his back and his voice firm and stern "I know you've been keeping things from us. So this is how it's going to work. You're going to answer all of my questions truthfully or you won't be reunited with your long lost sibling."

My heart kept to my throat. I felt my stomach twist in knots at the thought of being reunited with my only living family member. But how could Hydra not have found the child long ago?

"Alex?" I breathed, my chest aching that they could have the only family I had left captive, along with the possibility of death. "Alive? Impossible."

Fury had triumphed as soon as he said "Oh I assure you she is just fine." My mind was running a million miles a second when he said that. I knew I had lost, I had no choice but to reveal any secret he needed answering.

Plopping down into a chair I huff dramatically "Ask away Director. My knowledge is at your disposal." The sinking feeling in my chest deepened, I gripped the table so hard you could hear it cracking.

My heart truly sank when he asked "What's your real name?" My breath stuck in my chest. No, my name is all I had. I thought I would have longer. It was everything I had left for me. But I had no choice. I had to do it for Alex.

I prop my feet up on the table, a smirk on my lips as I crossed my arms over my chest "Well you certainly have me all figured out Fury. You're good I'll give you that. But I guess my time with secrets is over."

Rogers didn't get on well with secrets being kept. He spoke, anger and confusion lacing his voice "You've been lying to us? Why?" I look up at him, speaking the truth as I did "Sometimes it's easier to deal with pain when you're pretending to be someone else I suppose. I guess Hydra did effect me."

His stare was icy and it went straight through me, almost making me feel bad. "Yeah. I guess it did." Now that blow hurt more than anything Hydra could've done to me.

"Answer the question." Fury ordered. I looked at them all as I replied boldly "Lillian. My name is Lillian Raven Quinn."