DYING TO DANCE

Sabrina Pov

Ms. Abby didn't even go threw the pyramid and just told us what we were doing at regionals and where it was.

Maddie

Sabrina Chloe Paige

Brooke Nia Vivi-Ane MacKenzie

"I want to talk about this upcoming weekend. It's regional. Everyone knows how important that is. We are going to star power. You know that's one of the toughest competitions out there."

"This is what's going to happen next weekend. Maddie, new solo. Brooke's new solo. Chloe, new solo. Sabrina, new solo. Now the age categories are a little different. So we want to make sure that your dance reflects you as a dancer, not the beginning of the season. We are doing a new group routine and everyone is in it." Ms. Abby said.

I'm competing against Maddie only since Chloe is in the next age category and I need to win to do a solo at nationals although I feel bad because Maddie is my best friend.

"This is a routine about children who become missing, we've all seen the children's faces on the milk cartons. It's contemporary. It's mature and it is very dark. You have to be great actresses to pull it on" Ms. Abby says.

The moms leave and we learn the group routine and it's really creepy especially the song, which gives me goosebumps.

Abby gives us a pep talk and tells us we need to give the message because someone might have gone through this.

THREE DAYS TILL THE COMPETITIONS

I come out of the studio to see Maddie in the den.

"How is your solo Ms. Zielgler," I ask Maddie coming up to her.

"Well, it was good thanks for asking. What about you Ms. Gomez" Maddie answer back.

"It doing good, "I said.

"You think if you told people you were Selena Gomez's sister they would believe you," Maddie said sitting next to me.

"Probably not," I told her laughing.

"Yeah maybe," she said.

Maddie and I kept talking and telling each other jokes.

COMPETITION DAY

We got to the competition and Maddie and I help each other get ready.

We don't really let dance get in the way of our friendship.

"Can I have everyone gather up so I can talk to everybody? I want eye contact here. There are people here from all over the place. And the reason is this is the last region to qualify for their nationals. So, I need you to be on the A-game today, You have new solo today, You have a new solo today, you have a new solo today and, you have a new solo." Abby said pointing at Maddie, Chloe, Brooke, and me.

"I was gonna have you dance in whatever the next age group is -- 9-to-11? You've had a really easy year, You're on eight and under and you're eight you're at the top of the age scale" Ms. Abby told Maddie meaning Chloe is going to compete with her and not me.

I feel bad because I feel like Ms. Abby sometimes doesn't want to see Chloe win. Justice for Chloe.

"Where is Brooke costume," Kelly asks Abby.

Brooke has a really ugly costume not to be rude. It's hot pink with red polka dots that look like stickers. So Cathy gives Brooke Vivi-anna a costume and she does not look happy about it.

Chloe goes on stage and does her musical theater dance and she does great, then Maddie goes after her and does well as well.

I go after Maddie and once I'm done I walk off stage.

"Did I do good?" I ask Maddie.

"Yes you did as usual' She said and I hugged her.

"All Eight, folks here your top five, Ladies and gentlemen by less than one point separating second from first. Second place-- Entry number 25 that's Chole from Abby Lee Miller. Your power division nine-to eleven solo champion, Your winner with a plaque will be Maddie Ziegler with 'Beautiful " the Announcer says. Maddie gets up and gets her plaque

"First place power division eight and down goes to Sabrina Gomez with "Home" I get up and get my trophy. "

Ms. Abby looks very happy with us since she does that high clap when she is happy.

When we get to the dressing room Cathy and Kelly are having an argument about the custom and now Brooke doesn't have a costume anymore and holly makes us go outside so we don't listen to them.

Brooke got six places in her solo.

~

The next day we got ready for the group dance.

We did the dance and now we are on stage for awards.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the highest scoring routine of the day went to entry number 250 where have all the Children Gone?" The announcer says.

----------

This chapter is shorter so I hoped you enjoyed it. 

813 words.