WAITING FOR JOFFREY

Sabrina Pov

"Come on, girls, let's go,"

We come running into the room.

"So did everybody have a good time in Chicago?" Ms. Abby Asked.

"Yes," we all said.

"All right, now, let's talk about our group dance. I thought tut was beautiful. I thought the costumes looked gorgeous on everybody. I gave everybody a challenge with acting. You all did it. All right, now, Maddie, you did a solo this week. I know there were some boys you were worried about, but maybe you should have been more worried about the girl standing next to you. Sabrina, I know you were worried about boys and Maddie but you beat them. You can't psych yourself out backstage. Understood?" Ms. Abby told me

"Yes, "I said while nodding my head.

"Nia, I watched the trio and I watched you closely. I feel that you were a beat behind. It's the difficult technical things that you have trouble with.​​ That's what you need to keep working on. Understood?" Ms. Abby said.

Nia nodded her head yes.

"We have a lot to do. I'm gonna get right to the pyramid. At the bottom of the pyramid Chloe. You are one of the most advanced dancers sitting in this group, but I want more from you. You need a challenge. You need to work up to the next level. Remember, there is no 'I' in 'team,' but there is an 'M' and an 'E.' And it's all about me. Understood?" Ms. Abby told Chloe.

Chloe nodded her head.

"All right, moving on. Nia. Nia, that Trio-- you wanted it, you got in it. Like I said you got the style and the sass but the rest of it is a mess. Paige. You did a great job, did your part. I want more. Next, I have Mackenzie. Mackenzie, you continue to improve each week. Every week I come into the studio, you learn a new trick. But I don't want it to all be about your gymnastics. Got it?" Ms. Abby asked Mackenzie.

"Brooke. I thought that your part in the group dance was excellent. Just watch the chin and the chin stand; no more hickeys. And Maddie. You were good and came in runner-up behind Sabrina. On top of the pyramid Sabrina. You won the overall high score, You beat Justice and Maddie, you beat all the boy's congratulations." Ms. Abby said As everyone started to clap for me.

Sabrina

Maddie Brooke Mackenzie

Paige Nia Chloe

"Moving on. I need to talk a little bit about this week. There's going to be a scout from the Joffrey Ballet In Michigan at Energy Dance. He is scouting kids to go to an audition for Joffrey." The moms and the girls gasp.

I'm not trying to sound like this isn't a big deal because it is but I don't do ballet, I've never taken a class for ballet so I probably wouldn't be a good fit in the school.

"So, you need to be your best, You need to represent the Abby Lee Dance Company to the best of your ability. All right. The group dance this week is entitled Nip and Tuck. I know that you talk about having some work done. Kelly." Ms. Abby said to the moms.

"What?" Kelly asked.

"We all know what you want." Ms. Abby says

"Boobs?" Kelly says back

"You know that you have beautiful, gorgeous children. So this is a message about our body image. It's a message about people that do have work done. It's kind of eerie, it's kind of dark. We have three trios. Mackenzie, Paige, and Nia. You will be doing a high-energy jazz routine incorporating gymnastic tumbling. Then I have Brooke, Maddie, and Chloe. You will be doing a contemporary lyrical routine. Chloe, it's about the trio. Brooke, you've never done a trio with these girls, so this is gonna be all new for you. Sabrina, I have two girls coming in they are amazing dancers they are on your level of dance skills. You are doing a lyrical. Chloe, Maddie, and Sabrina will be doing a solo again. I'm excited about going. I had a great time in Chicago. I hope this next trip is just as fun, without Cathy from Candy Apple. But I'll tell you what, she's easy to beat. The people at this competition aren't gonna be so easy to beat." Ms.Abby says.