3

" My girlfriend is coming back. So I cannot continue to date him".

Jae's voice was soft and smooth. But those words pierced the heart of the boy who froze on hearing them.

He clutched his chest trying to get rid of the suffocating feeling inside his heart, he felt his whole body trembling. It was getting difficult for him to keep hold on.

" Girlfriend? What the hell is going on? Which girlfriend are you talking about now?"

Joshua was snarling. Tae didn't know what to do anymore.

He didn't know if they would end this conversation without laying their hands on each other.

" My girlfriend for the last three years. She is coming back from abroad. So I have no other option than breaking up with him".

Tae sat down on the floor, his legs giving up finally. Too much to take in. And he doesn't know when his heart will be able to give up.

But three years? What's going on? Is he really hearing things right?

What kind of a sick joke is this?

"Great! Just great! So you were two timing? Huh?"

He could hear Joshua's voice rising, his voice resonating in the room sending its waves to the locker room where the silent listener sat unable to make anything out of the situation.

Tae pulled his hair trying to get a grip of the situation. He couldn't understand anything. Is this really happening? Or is it just his hallucinations?

"Have you ever liked him? Even a bit?"

Joshua was snarling at the other boy.

"I liked him. Still I do. That's why I'm breaking up with him now. I can't continue to be with him anymore".

Tae raised his eyebrows not understanding what this was supposed to mean.

What is the factor forcing Jae to break up with him? He too wants to know. And he really wants to know the story behind a girlfriend which he didn't know even existed.

"What are you even saying?"

Just like Joshua the silver haired boy was also waiting for an answer even though he was feeling weak with each second.

He didn't know if he even wanted to hear it.

After a few minutes of complete silence, Tae heard him starting.

"Actually Ara and I have been dating for a year when her family shifted to America. We loved each other so much that we decided to stay together even if it would be tough to be in a long distance relationship. So that makes us be together for three years. But now she is coming back to Korea. She will be here in a month and half. And I don't want her to see me with someone else when she comes back"

" Someone else? Is that what Tae is for you now? How ungrateful can you be, Jae? I never expected this from you. I'm now feeling sorry for him".

And Tae couldn't do anything from the other.

There was another long silence before he heard Joshua again.

"Okay, when are you going to break up with him?"

Tae sat there without knowing what to do anymore. He has no idea what to feel.

The boy he loves so much was just playing with his feelings.