17

Tae laid back on his bed staring at the ceiling. He was already tired after the day finally neared its end. It's already 12am. But it seems like sleep is not going to bless him any time soon.

He has already completed the project work. Now tomorrow they are just going to arrange everything in the proper decided order. Then it's done. So he needs not worry about it anymore.

But even though the project is over, his project partner still managed to cloud his thoughts. He is already drained without any more energy left. But still his mind is restless with all the unwanted thoughts and unnecessary worries filled up in it.

He knows Jungkook is not going to be a threat to him. And he was sure that he was not going to interact with the boy again.

Of course they are not strangers any more. But not friends to be precise. Acquaintances? Maybe. Maybe not.

Anyway it's not like they could be anything like friends. Because obviously they could never stand each other's guts. God knows how they are trying to get along.

He doesn't know about Jungkook. But he is really dragging himself to work with the ravenette. Maybe it's not that tough for Jungkook, because after all, he is not the one who was being bossed around.

If Tae has not been making compromises trying to keep up with his act, he is not sure if they would have come this far with their project. Because he was sure that Jungkook is not someone who likes to make compromises or accept his own shortcomings.

He sighed softly looking at the ceiling. Maybe the other is not even going to acknowledge him the next time they come across.

Why? It is already known to Tae that Jungkook has always scorned him. Maybe he too was just waiting eagerly for this to get over with.

Tae sighed softly.

What is he even doing? He has just started talking with the ravenette for less than a week and here he is pondering over a non-existent chance for an amicable settlement with him?

He groaned, clutching his head.

This is what happens every time. He gets attached too easily and gives access to people into his privacy too soon.

And they end up taking him for granted.

No. He is not going to make another blunter again. This time he is not going to let anyone have control over his mind.

He is going to stick to his plan and make everything right without any loopholes. He can't afford it. Not again he is going to let them make a fool out of him.

Whatever it is he is trying to get them back to what they used to be.

The thoughts were running wild and astray and Tae was so lost.

But his reverie was suddenly disrupted with the sound of his phone ringing.

Who is calling me at this goddamn hour?

He sighed before taking his phone from the night stand and he stared at the caller ID in confusion.

He chuckled softly.

Jimin?

Why is this boy calling him at this hour?

Tae scrunched his face confused as he just stared at the screen without even trying to answer it.