24

He stepped on the accelerator aggressively not caring that he was crossing the speed limit again. He couldn't just help the feeling. His mind is already a mess and couldn't get a grip on himself.

Not able to find any other means to calm himself down he gripped on his own hair harshly but instantly regretted it as he winced because of the pain that shoots up from the action. He immediately took his hand away from his hair and clutched it back around the steering wheel.

Tae groaned loudly bewildered by his own actions. What's wrong with him again? Is he finally resorting to physical torture, even it is just in a slight level? He shook his head furiously trying to get the unwanted thoughts out of his head. It's not good for his mind to go to those parts which he used to avoid at all cost.

Because He will surely lose control if he did that. Tae has never been a fan of physical pain. He knows it very well.

He has never ever allowed anyone or anything to hurt him intentionally, at least physically. Then why on earth was he trying to do that to himself?

Tae heaved out a helpless sigh rubbing his temple. He was feeling down again. And the fact that he is driving on a familiar road now was not helping either. It's not that he has never traveled the road just because of a particular reason. He has been taking the same route almost on a daily basis.

But still just a particular day was flashing in his mind continuously at the moment, making him more frustrated. Why is he being like this? Why is his own mind playing tricks with him when he has enough people around him trying to play with his stupid heart?

Why can't he be carefree and emotionless just like he pretends? Why is his mind still soft after all the heartbreak and pain which landed him in Seoul? Why is it becoming so difficult?

It was that same day, when he had ignored every warning that his mind was screaming and all precautions he had been taking all along and went to do something that he thought he would never do again.

And he went ahead and did what his heart told him to do even when he knew how foolish and careless he was being.

It was the same day when Yura was bullied in the cafeteria and the girl ended up in the empty football court all wet and vulnerable. Tae was planning to ignore and not get involved.

But in the end he couldn't keep up with his resolution. But it was never not like he was actually wanting to do that. But what was he supposed to do when all he could see in her glossy eyes was his own vulnerable self which he had been hiding from the world? So he offered her a ride back home not wanting anyone to see her like that.

She complied immediately, not bothering to argue or pull a stunt. And he could still remember how she was trying to control her sobs when she was seated on his passenger seat still in her wet clothes. He has insisted that she change her clothes before going home but she just said it was only a hassle. So they took off like that.

" Will you be alright?", he asked the girl, not being able to contain his worries. " Actually wouldn't your parents get worried when they see you like this?", he pressed further, genuinely concerned about her condition, in a soft tone not wanting to offend her even in a slight manner.

" They never care", she mumbled. It was just a whisper and barely audible and she surely wasn't expecting him to hear it.

But Tae has heard it clearly, much to his own displeasure. The phrase has gotten him confused but he didn't question her. Because he knows that she never wanted him to hear it when the words slipped her mouth. So he decided to let it slide knowing that he shouldn't be invading her space by being curious and that's why he pretended like he has never heard something like that from her at all.