19

"You were right all along Chim'"

Jimin looked up from his book, puzzled not understanding the context for something like that to leave the other's mouth willingly.

They were in Jimin's house. Just another usual sleepover.

Tae was watching something on TV or at least that's what it looked like to the other. And Jimin was busy studying a new recipe he wanted to try.

He was too engrossed in it to notice his friend had already stopped watching whatever was playing on the screen and was lost in his thoughts long ago. But only noticed after he was snapped from his focus with a blunt remark from the other.

" Oh when have I ever not?" he asked with a playful smile as he looked at his friend who had been cooped up in his couch with the remote control on his hand which was likely to fall from his hand, seeing the way Tae holds it so absentmindedly.

Jimin scowled unconsciously, seeing the way the other is staring into nothing as if he has been thinking about something.

Tae chuckled softly now shifting his eyes to the puzzled blonde.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows questioningly.

Tae sighed softly looking at the other. But still kept his mouth shut while his companion was anticipating what's going to come.

" You were right, Jungkook was trying to mess with me. I don't know the reason though", Tae said.

Jimin tilted his head. " What?", he scrunched his eyes not getting what his soulmate was talking about.

" Sorry, I didn't understand where you are getting at", he said.

" I said,"Tae drawled. " Jungkook has some ulterior motive for approaching me the way he did", he said, while his companion put away his books and moved to the couch taking a seat next to the red haired boy.

He turned to sit face to face with the younger while putting his legs crossed on the couch.

Tae sighed softly, but didn't make a movement to turn to his friend. He just remained in his original position.

" I have been looking out for signs ever since you warned me the other day, to know if he is hiding something", he started again.

" And today I got the sign. He said something along the lines, Now I know why everyone finds you interesting or something like that", Tae said trying to recall the ravenette's words. But he couldn't remember the exact words.

"I forgot the exact words. But this was the meaning of what he said", Tae sighed.

Jimin nodded taking in the information. This is something he already expected. Ever since that conversation between Hobi and Jungkook, Jimin was on the edge that Jungkook is up to something. He was scared that the ravenette was trying to hurt his friend. And all his previous assumptions of why Jungkook acts that way with Tae are no more valid.

And that's the reason why Jimin narrated the whole story to his friend. Because he didn't want to take risks. Tae has gone through enough because someone dared to play with his feelings. And he need not go through the same. And he will not. Not when Jimin is by his side.

Even though he felt relieved that Tae was able to figure out what was happening, he was still confused. He wanted to make sure that they are not going wrong in this.