when my mom dropped a bomb

With a towel wrapped around my waist and another in my hand drying my hair, I left the bathroom, surprised to find the bedroom empty.

After putting my clothes back on, I left Taylor's room, stopping in front of the door with the sparkly rose gold M on it.

I opened the door and turned on the light as I walked in, instantly smiling; the room was rose gold and filled with about a thousand stuffed animals.

I made my way over to the giant collage of photos she has on her wall and I had to do a double-take, not believing I was actually seeing what I was.

Suddenly I saw red; all I could see was red.

I must've blacked out because the next thing I knew I was standing in the kitchen in front of Taylor with the picture crumbled in my hand.

"What the hell is this shit, Taylor? Are you still fucking that bartender? Why is there a picture of that piece of shit in my daughter's room?!"
✖️

"What the hell is this shit, Taylor? Are you still fucking that bartender? Why is there a picture of that piece of shit in my daughter's room?!"✖️

I had just finished some geology homework when I heard a car pulling up. I looked out the kitchen window in time to see my mom parking her car.

I ran outside and a bright smile was on my face the moment I peeked into the backseat.

Mckenna was sitting there, and the second she saw me she began squealing, reaching for me.

"Hey, Babygirl. You ready for a weekend with Daddy?"

As I picked McKenna out of her car seat, my mom grabbed her diaper bag. I heard her sigh then turned to look at her, noticing a weird look on her face.

"What is it, Ma?"

My attention was back on McKenna a moment later and I was leaving kisses all over her face until my mom's next words ripped me apart.

"Taylor's got a date tonight."

"What?!"

The sad look on my mom's face paired with her slow nod was enough confirmation and if I hadn't been holding onto McKenna, I probably would've collapsed.

"Some guy she works with has been asking her out for a while. I guess she finally said yes."

After feeding and bathing McKenna, the two of us laid in my bed. As McKenna watched a movie, cradling my head, I was scrolling on social media, trying my best not to stalk Taylor, but I couldn't help myself.

Kiana posted a photo on her SnapChat of Taylor getting her makeup done by Della. The next was the final product and as I stared at Taylor looking like an absolutely fucking knockout, my stomach felt like it was tied in knots.

It was a feeling that I felt I had coming and as McKenna tugged on my hair, I snuggled her tighter, holding onto the only piece of Taylor that I still had

♦️