It wasn't a Mountain Lion

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Teen Wolf.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=153328918 Autumns First outfit

*****************************************

Chapter Six

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold yourself together when everyone would expect you to fall apart; that is true strength." -Unknown

I kept repeating this to myself as I got ready for school. I was going to need a little more makeup than usual to cover up the bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and crying. I think I got home around 3 am from talking to Stiles, truthfully I didn't wanna leave. But I need to stay Strong and get past this, there's nothing we can do to change it. 

Lydia was walking around the house this morning like nothing had happened last night, but I know she is keeping herself together just like I am trying to do. Mom was also doing her usual morning routine, she looked a lot more put together than she did last night. I guess it was something my family was good at, pretending to be put together when we're all crumbling on the inside.

I slipped on one of my favorite dresses and a coral colored cardigan, and quickly did my hair and makeup. If I look good, I will feel good...or at least better than I did last night....hopefully.

"Hey Auttie. So I was thinking tonight you hang out with Jackson and I." Lydia said as she plopped on my bed.

"Hang out with you and Jackson?" I gave her a confused look. "It's alright Lyds, I can just hang out with Stiles or Scott tonight." I stood up grabbing my heels from my closet.

I heard her sigh as I walked back to my vanity, "I want you to hang with us, Autumn..." she admitted.

When my eyes met her face I could see that she just wanted to be with me tonight because of what we just found out. Almost like twin telepathy, just without the twin part. I nodded and stood up taking a seat next to her.

"Do you wanna talk about anything?" I asked her. 

She shook her head, " No...I'm alright, I would rather just not think about it and move forward with our lives." 

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I just-" I sighed, "I'm mostly worried about mom ya know? I know she's hurting but she wants to be strong...especially for us."

"Mom is strong-" she jumped up from the bed "And let's be real, she's a total milf. She'll be just fine." She said smirking walking out of my room.

I smiled a bit shaking my head and followed her to her car. To school we go...

****

We decided to eat lunch outside, I just sat picking at my salad. Stiles had filled Scott in on what happened, he knew how it felt considering his dad left when he was younger.

"It'll get better Otto, I promise." Scott smiled at me.

I nodded smiling a bit, "I know, and I have my amazing friends by my side. He honestly wasn't around much anyways, work consumed his life. I just-" I shrugged. "I just never really thought it would happen ya know? I mean over the past years he hasn't been around as much like I said, always business trips, unless he was lying about those." I picked around my food some more. "I used to be so close to him, but I'm definitely closer to my mom now anyways." I finally took a bite of my salad.

"We will always be here for you Otto." Stiles smiled and pulled me into a side hug.

"I love you guys." I said smiling at both of them.

"Do you have plans tonight?" Scott asked

I nodded "Oh yeah, movie night with Lydia and Jackson. Should be a good time." I said sarcastically. Of course I wanna spend time with my sister, but Jackson I could do without. "If you get an SOS sent to your phone, please come save me."