Confessing Feelings

Chapter Fifteen

****

It's been one full day since Lydia has been missing, and still no sign of her. My mom is trying to live her life as normal as she can, so she was working a late shift which meant I was going to be home alone, and that wasn't gonna fly with me. Allison and Scott were having a secret date tonight, so I called Stiles and him and I were hanging out.

"I just don't understand how there is no trace of her anywhere..." I said, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"They're going to find her Otto, my dad is working 24/7 on it."

I managed a small smile and leaned back on the headboard of my bed. "You have a great dad, you know that?"

He smiled and nodded, "I don't know what I would do without him..."

"I wish my dad was half the man yours is..." I admitted.

He turned onto his side so he was looking directly at me. "Autumn...Your dad is an idiot for leaving such an amazing family behind..."

"He doesn't care, Stiles." I said, picking at my nail polish. "He's lost his wife of 18 years, and two daughters, and that doesn't matter to him."

"Well, I would never be able to lose you...." He admitted.

I turned to face him, and smiled, "I couldn't lose you either Stiles..."

He let out a groan and started running his hands over his short hair. "uh...you okay?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Autumn....don't you see how amazing you are?" The butterflies in my stomach went wild. I looked at him with wide eyes, not really knowing what to say. I wanted to tell him how amazing I think he is. How every time he smiles at me it makes my day, how one touch from him sends electricity throughout my entire body, how I can't think about being with anybody else but him. So many things I want to say, but can't.

"I just don't think I can hold this in anymore...but I don't want to make things weird..."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Autumn....recently I've realized that I have the biggest crush on you, okay? I-I can't wait to get to school to see you, and just being around you makes things so much better! No matter what is going on I can always look at you and find some comfort....When I found out that you were going to the dance with Isaac, I literally wanted to go punch him in the face. And when I had to watch him slow dance with you, and that's all I wanted to do-It sucked." He confessed. My heart was jumping with joy, this all felt like a dream. He actually felt the same way about me.

I watched him as he slowly took my hand into his intertwining our fingers, gulping out of nervousness. My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. "Otto, I.....When you almost got attacked by Peter, I couldn't handle it. I would have given my life, just to save yours. All this time I was saying I liked Lydia and fawned over her....but-it's always been you, and it has taken me way too long to realize it."

"Stiles-"

He kept our hands together but kept his eyes focused on the bed. "I get that I sound ridiculous, and I understand if you don't feel the same way, since we are best friends and everything. But I had to tell you. I was going to go out of my mind if I didn't. And I-"

"Stiles I do feel the same." I interrupted.

"I knew you- Wait what?" His head jerked up and our eyes met.

"I feel the exact same way...." He smiled super big, the smile on my face was so big it was starting to hurt but I didn't even care.

"Wow...this is...this is great!" He said, "I-"