Great Escape

Chapter Twenty Four

*****

I stood a few feet away from the prison van arms crossed, my gut telling me this was an awful idea. I decided to skip school with Stiles, to keep an eye on Mr. Kanima for the day. We had to keep him from hurting anyone else, and try to get him to understand how dangerous he really is. "Don't you think this is a bad idea?" I asked Stiles.

Stiles shook his head in disagreement, "Nah, I think it's a great idea. He's not going anywhere..."

"Stiles, you heard your dad last night, okay? I'm walking on thin ice as it is right now with him, because of you...do you really want him hating your girlfriend? And can you imagine how mad he is going to be when he realizes you stole a police vehicle?!"

Stiles huffed, and sat his bag on the ground. "Okay, first off my dad likes you more than he likes me, and second he isn't going to find out. We had to lock him up somehow, just trust me...okay?"

"Stiles! I'm gonna kill you! Autumn, I'm going to kill your boyfriend!!!"

I shut my eyes taking a deep breath, "Someone's awake..."

Stiles picked up his bag and started walking towards the van, but I ran up behind him grabbing the back of his shirt. "How about I go and talk to him first, okay?" Stiles rolled his eyes in annoyance but agreed to let me go in.

"If he does anything, scream. I'm right here..."

I opened up the back door of the van to find Jackson staring right at me with a hostile expression on his face, but softening it up when he realized it was only me. I quietly shut the door, and took a seat across from him, "Hey..." I said awkwardly.

"Hey? You guys locked me in this van and you expect to just waltz in here and try to have a normal conversation with me?!"

I sighed, folding my hands together in front of me. "Jackson look, this is what's best okay? Just trust me, I wouldn't have let this happen if it wasn't for a really good reason..."

Jackson scoffed, "Sure. You are probably still pissed off at me for breaking up with your sister, so this is your idea of revenge."

"I'm pissed at you because you hurt her–bad." He took a small look towards the ground, but then back at me. "Look Jackson, I know you broke up with her because of the bite, and you had this vision of how your life was going to be...but my sister loved you...and I know for a fact that you loved her too."

"Love, Autumn. I love her. " He corrected me.

The look in his eyes was sincere, he really did love my sister. But I decided to change the subject, his love life can wait. "Jackson, you're dangerous, you know that right? That's why we locked you up....You're hurting people...you paralyzed me with your venom, and you also trapped me in a swimming pool..."

"What? I wouldn't hurt people...and I would never hurt you, or Lydia, ever, for the record...and believe it or not, I don't particularly like hurting her emotionally either, but we both know I can't change that."

I sighed, "Jackson–"

My boyfriend busted through the door before I could finish talking, "I brought you foo–"

"Let me out now!" Jackson demanded, not wanting to listen to anything he had to say.

Stiles shut the van door, before sliding close to me on the bench opposite of Jackson. "You know, I put those pants on you, alright buddy? One leg at a time. Being all up close and personal with your junk wasn't exactly a highlight of my day." Stiles said, arms flailing towards Jackson's legs, "So don't think this is fun for me either. You know we're actually doing you a favor?"