Things under the ice

Chapter Eighteen

************************

Lydia and I were skating around like professionals as Stiles attempted to keep up. Lydia and I had been ice skating for majority of our lives, whether it be lessons or competitions, so I guess you could say we picked up a few tricks along the way. Our mother was on the verge of being a professional ice skater, until she got pregnant with Lydia, so she decided to get us into skating at a young age.

"Come on Stiles, keep up!" I said skating backwards facing my, now boyfriend.

He rolled his eyes and began to skate a little faster. "Not all of us started taking skating lessons at four."

I chuckled and let Lydia continue doing her thing while I waited for Stiles to catch up. He finally made it to where I was and grabbed me by the waist. "I like this a heck of a lot more than that professional stuff." He said getting closer to my face.

I scrunched my nose up, "You know I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate how close you are to me. He kinda seems to be the jealous type."

He chuckled, and shook his head. "Well he is a pretty lucky guy..." He said intertwining our hands together, as we began to skate side by side.

"Nah, I'm just a super lucky girl."

"Omg you guys are so cheesy!" Lydia said as she whizzed past us. We both laughed and he pulled me a little closer. I looked over at Scott who had yet to set foot on the ice.

"Since you have never skated before, maybe I should give you a few pointers?" We heard Allison say.

I chuckled and we skated closer to the couple. "Allison...not that this is news to you or anything, but you remember the werewolf thing? Super speed, strength, and reflexes?"

Stiles and I stopped next to the entrance of the rink both ready to see Scott make a complete fool of himself. When I was eight I had a birthday party here at this exact rink, and Scott never made it past the entrance.

"So a little ice skating should be no problem?" Allison questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Scott put one foot on the ice and began attempting to skate, "Yeah! See? It's no Probl-" Scotts statement was interrupted when he flew into the air, landing smack dab on his butt. I cringed, but still felt a laugh getting ready to erupt out of my mouth. "Ok, maybe I do need some pointers." Scott mumbled rubbing his butt from the collision with the ice.

Stiles shook his head laughing, and began to pull me with him across the rink. I looked around and found Lydia twirling in her own little world. She had a huge smile on her face, and the smile she had was one I haven't seen in a while. It was almost like the smile she had the day dad brought Prada home. She was genually happy.

"Hey I think I'm getting the hang of it!" Scotts voice echoed throughout the rink, then followed by a huge thud. Stiles and I turned around to find Scott laying on the ice rubbing his head. I released my grip on Stiles' hand and skated over to my best friend. Allison was crouched down next to him with a snarled nose.

"Are you okay Scott? You look like you hit your head that time..." Allison said.

Scott squinted his eyes and looked around, "What's that, coach?"

"Oh yeah, he definitely hit his head." I said, kneeling down to my best friend.

Allison let out a sigh and we both managed to get him standing back on his feet. "How about we take a break and go check out the photo booth?" Allison asked. Scott nodded and they made their way off the rink to the photo booth right outside the doors.